Sign in to follow this  
Markq

BUGGER!

the e34 heater/valve/pump system

the e39 heater.valve pump system

not such a nightmare of hoses etc,but similar and situated in about the same place in the car(back right of engine)looking from front

Thanks mate.

Its all starting to make sense now......and I am starting to relax on the size of the bill.

Sounds like she'll be alright with all the guys helping you!

Just thought I'd mention - the coolant shouldn't be bright fluoro green like normal coolant - should be using BMW coolant which is more of a blue.

Hi ya.

Its alive again. Heater hose at rear of engine had split. Also expansion tank? hose was loose, so they tighten that too! So, a hose, antifreeze, 2 rivets? and a light bulb (not related to last nights drama) and we all go again $200.

Big Ups to Jeff Gray for fitting this in before the weekend on a day they were fully booked.....I'm impressed.

Cheers for all the assistance and comments.

Mark

Hi ya.

Its alive again. Heater hose at rear of engine had split. Also expansion tank? hose was loose, so they tighten that too! So, a hose, antifreeze, 2 rivets? and a light bulb (not related to last nights drama) and we all go again $200.

Big Ups to Jeff Gray for fitting this in before the weekend on a day they were fully booked.....I'm impressed.

Mark

Jeff Grey...Hastings? Youre profile says Welly or is there a Jeff Grey in Wellington as well....although wouldn't think so.

Jeff Grey...Hastings? Youre profile says Welly or is there a Jeff Grey in Wellington as well....although wouldn't think so.

Yep, Hastings/Palmerston North/Wellington all Jeff Grey now

Yeah, they have three branches. Hastings, palmy and welly.

Great to hear it's nothing major.

I also found Jeff Gray to be very good although expensive ....

Great to hear it's nothing major.

I also found Jeff Gray to be very good although expensive ....

Amen!! Had a few dealings with them (welly) really good to deal with, good workmanship, but obviously not the cheapest place around! I go to motortech in the hutt if i can now, great bunch of guys etc etc....

Guest Simon*

Hi ya.

Mark

Hey Mark

just hunted down this thread to see what the result was. Great to see you're back on the road without too much drama and your faith in BMW probably still intact.

I have a lot of respect for Bavarian engineering after my heater blew out completely and I jammed a socket wrench in the hose to bypass it and filled the radiator with ditch water from a dairy farm between Nelson and Picton on the way to the ferry! Never missed a beat until the new heater arrived days later at home and the system could be flushed again.

Happy motoring :)

I have a lot of respect for Bavarian engineering after my heater blew out completely and I jammed a socket wrench in the hose to bypass it and filled the radiator with ditch water from a dairy farm between Nelson and Picton on the way to the ferry! Never missed a beat until the new heater arrived days later at home and the system could be flushed again.

MacGuyver is that you?

Edited by bmw3

Yeah, they have three branches. Hastings, palmy and welly.

Must be an extremly rich dude then!