Sign in to follow this  
nath

Full E30 lock set

Ok, so someone has stolen my car keys straight from my flat ( pest control guy i think, altho it coulda been anyone because i was coma'd out after a nite out on the town....;) )

being the only BMW in the carpark, i think it will be pretty damn obvious to him which one it is- so im after new locks and keys.... Anyone help??

new ones are 2- 3 weeks from Germany, and $517, unfitted.

thanx y'all

coma'd out fuk i almost fell aspleep while walking home..

im sure i have seen a e36 compact in ur carpark . meh

i take it ur flat door wasnt locked so it could have been any one of those anti-social-non party people at ur block of flats

:ph34r:

arrrr the plot thickens

i think i may have seen full lock set from a e28 5-series on trade me and im guessing u will need the ignition part too which im sure is in there

i dont nkow if it will fit but worth a try

Hehe, get rid of the door tumblers and use keyless entry from an alarm or something... :ph34r:

Yup, Solex are "THE sh*t" round about $299 last time i looked, get them from mag n turbo or any good locksmith, both should be able to install pretty cheep, B.

I seen those locks on trademe as well. Does anyone know if they will fit? And whats so good about the solex locks? How are they different to normal locks? I heard that bimmers got quite good locks anyway, this true or are they nothing special?

I seen those locks on trademe as well. Does anyone know if they will fit? And whats so good about the solex locks? How are they different to normal locks? I heard that bimmers got quite good locks anyway, this true or are they nothing special?

as far as i know about solex locks are they are way better, i beleive the key is round with bumps around it

i dont really know but im sure the key is round , so dat some f**k wit doesnt come around and jam a screw driver in there or wat ever they do

Just remove one door tumbler & take it to a locksmith, they can make a new set of keys from that . If that fails I do have a set, but I can't get at them until Monday.

Well heres a thought.... if my old man agreed, i COULD maybe sell my 316i and get a better one ( bigger motor/ e36?)

how much would i get for it ppl?

i have no idea what ppl r willing to pay...

i'll give you what ever is in my pocket

hmmm lets see

a button

lint

and two 5 cent pieces

nah i bet you could get proberbly bout 5-6k for it

Guest Andrew

Well heres a thought.... if my old man agreed, i COULD maybe sell my 316i and get a better one ( bigger motor/ e36?)

how much would i get for it ppl?

i have no idea what ppl r willing to pay...

realistically 3000 - 4000

A nice manual 318i goes for 3500 - 4000 these days.