Sign in to follow this  
lbirgel

New engine pics

Hey guys

Just thought I would post up a couple of pics of the new engine.

All I can say is that it goes and feels a lot better than the old one. The mechanic said that when he opened it up he could see it has had a few $$ spent on it as looked like new inside and has had a bit of head work done.

It certainly feels a lot more responsive and quicker than the old engine but I don’t think it’s a 2.7L like the guy claimed it to be.

Also I had a new clutch installed so all that is left now is to put some new Bilsteins and H&R’s in.

Cheers

post-1647-1209533698_thumb.jpg

post-1647-1209533771_thumb.jpg

post-1647-1209534026_thumb.jpg

yeah i plan to on the day "Apex" is setting up :) hopfully get an ok result

Looks very nice, that racing dynamics cam couldn’t have been easy to come by.. what’s the specs?

Yeah the mechanic said the cam is not the standard one in a normal m20 but i wouldent know what the specs are.

There wouldn't be many Racing Dynamics enhanced E30 engines in the country! You've definitely upped the resale value of your already sweet-looking car.... nice work.

Nice car! Engine looks the part and love the headers!

Nice car! Engine looks the part and love the headers!

And i quote

Nice car man! And like previously said, the engine should definately raise the resale value of your car

cheers guys.

yeah the headders are from my old engine. the ones that are off this engine are still in the schnitzer that i have for sale. i didnt have enough money to swap them over aswell but i dont think there would be much diffrence betwen the two.

Nice :P

The only thing I would suggest would be to build a cold air box (Ollie's design is a good one). That pods going to be sucking alot of hot air. You will get gains by doing that.

Cheers

Glenn

Edited by botanymotorworx

cheers for the tip. will look into getting one made or hopfully can find one on ebay :D

cheers for the tip. will look into getting one made or hopfully can find one on ebay :D

Talk to Ollie