Sign in to follow this  
bravo

Spotted

Left my car at the long-term secure parking nearby and saw it. Looked mint from the road. I had planned to stop in for a yarn yesterday, but my flight was late and I didn't get in 'till after 5pm.

I always spot this very tidy red 320i E30 touring on Majoribanks (sp) st or around there.

They are nice aye. Quite small cars in person for wagons.

Edit: Hey what about a "spotted" forum section?

Edited by tire

I work on Aintree avenue and that e30 touring is always parked outside.

I think I saw your e30 getting thrashed around the streets by some guy while you were away.

I'm only joking, but my desk looks out onto the yard for one of those car storage places.

The way they treat other peoples cars is appalling. Doing handbrakes into the driveway, reving up engines to the limiter pointlessly.

I hope no one on here works for one of those companies lol :huh:

Yeah I didn't like leaving it there, but was between a rock and a hard place. They probably gave it a hiding but it seems sweet so I guess I just have to trust it was treated alright. Won't go back to that particular yard though - their service with the shuttle pickup/drop off was crap.

Bit off topic. But we have had a few problems with those yards. Our 00 VR4 came back with a cracked windscreen and an empty tank which was full. And my mate thinks he saw a car load of guys in a black E55 Merc (of the sort that could not afford it) getting thrashed up the road. Which he thinks was my Dads one which was being stored around there.

Take note of your kms and tyre tread depth.

Bit off topic. But we have had a few problems with those yards. Our 00 VR4 came back with a cracked windscreen and an empty tank which was full. And my mate thinks he saw a car load of guys in a black E55 Merc (of the sort that could not afford it) getting thrashed up the road. Which he thinks was my Dads one which was being stored around there.

Would not surprise me one bit dude. There was a new 911 turbo in the yard a few weeks ago and that was being driven around quite often. Im sure the owner was unaware of that

I did :)

I see a white (UK) import Touring around Papakura all the time now.

Did they sell the 325i Touring new in NZ? Most I have seen are 320i’s. Also do you think putting a 2.5 in a 320i would devalue it or would it be safe to just put one in and not mention it when selling it?

On the Storage front, I remember a story in the paper about a Porsche being driven around that was meant to be in storage and the guy/company got done big time for it! Kind of put me off ever leaving my car there but in saying that I don’t even like leaving my car at the dealership.