Sign in to follow this  
ted

WTB E30 325 HEAD/MOTOR!!

im in desperate need of a head for motronic 325i e30 f/l or even a complete motor.or m50b25 motor.

Edited by ted

im in desperate need of a head for motronic 325i e30 f/l or even a complete motor.

Location?

wellys but im quiet happy to pay for freight ..so location doesn't really bother me.... would even consider m50b25 if anyone has one .

Edited by ted

What’s the difference between a motronic head and a non motronic head? Sorry to Hijack but im building a plan and was just wondering the difference.

What’s the difference between a motronic head and a non motronic head? Sorry to Hijack but im building a plan and was just wondering the difference.

All m20 325i's are motronic. My understanding is there isn't any but maybe wrong. I think with m20b20's they used the same 731 head when they switched from Jetronic to motronic.

Apex are you going 2.5 or 2.7?

All m20 325i's are motronic. My understanding is there isn't any but maybe wrong. I think with m20b20's they used the same 731 head when they switched from Jetronic to motronic.

Apex are you going 2.5 or 2.7?

Im thinking 2.7ETA block, 2.0 head with 2.5 intake and fuel system. I was just wondering what the differences were on Facelift models mechanicals.

Don't quote me on this but...

The facelift ones have motronic 1.3 whereas the pre f/ls are 1.0?

Oh look what i just found on wikipedia:

"he German version of the M20B25 produced 170 hp with a catalytic converter and 171 without. It featured "885" head with larger ports and valves, 84 mm (3.3 in) bore, and 75 mm (3 in) stroke. Most significantly it had redesigned pistons and combustion chambers for better power, more resistance to detonation and higher thermodynamic efficiency. It was equipped with Bosch Motronic 1.1/1.3 Adaptive fuel injection. With a minor modification that adjusts the idle speed of a cold engine, the 325i fulfills Euro 2 emission requirements in Germany, resulting in a lower tax compared to Euro 1 (as of 2005)."

So 1.1 for the pre f/ls, 1.3 for the f/l.

Im thinking 2.7ETA block, 2.0 head with 2.5 intake and fuel system. I was just wondering what the differences were on Facelift models mechanicals.

Thats the same as what Antony's doing i think, he'll know quite a bit about this. Do you have the '2.7 Kids' Article? Its very useful.

Either head should be fine. Are you chipping or ms/linking for ecu?

Edited by jeddy

Is exactly what I'm doing. Can answer questions, but start a new thread, as it is completely off topic :lol:

Good luck finding what your after, shouldn't have much trouble finding a m20b25 head. If you decide on a m50b25, get non-vanos one from an e34.

Is exactly what I'm doing. Can answer questions, but start a new thread, as it is completely off topic :lol:

Yea my bad. sorry about that.

There are plenty around, Ray (in Aucks tho) would most likely have one. Someone will be able to help you out no doubt.

What about this?

Also its in Welly

Would be fantastic in an e30

Edited by jeddy

thanks for all the help so far , have had couple of offers but both over the 1400 $ mark, bit more than im prepared to spend just for a head...for that price i could go m50 way.

i have a freind with a M20b2.5 head . and i have a m50 engine 2.5L and a 2.8L m52tu.