Sign in to follow this  
M325is

1988 E30 M3

Just thort id let you guys know if your intrested in buying this car to buy the auto trader this week. If i can snag it off my workmate for a night il post it up.

Basically its immaculate, dark silver coloured. Very nice 5stud mags. :bowdown:

okay okay ill buy it then

ill just get some invisible money out of my invisible back account and pay for that

... i bet its like 40k or something

Well, id say it be worth at least $25000, you can import them for $19000 but have to go through the registration bullshit, hard to find these for sale here as you probly know, so im sure this is going to be snapped up quick. :ph34r:

The dude lives out East. Im keen to go look at it, but no promises in buying anything at this point in time as im just moving house, new expenses etc. :gay:

If you import one, you can't register it, it is as simple as that.

Unless, you put it in a shed, and leave it until it is 20 years old, then you can register it (so in this case 2008).

Cheers

Dude if it's going for 25k it must be a shitta..... They go for way more than that! If it is then it's telling you to get it checked out, otherwise you will need another 25k to bring it up to where it should be.

Dude if it's going for 25k it must be a shitta..... They go for way more than that! If it is then it's telling you to get it checked out, otherwise you will need another 25k to bring it up to where it should be.

Yup, the last 1/2 decent one I saw for sale sold for $35k, but the owner has since spent a fair bit, getting small issues sorted out.

Gus was also telling me about one recently where the owner was offered $60k for it, and he turned it down (but it was like new).

Coombes in Hamilton sold one about 2 years ago for $65k, but again, it was in Concours condition.

I got offered one for $38k three years ago, but it had done 170,000 miles and it was in far from perfect condition (about 3 weeks after it was offered to me, the owner wrapped it around a tree, it was last seen on the back of a truck looking very sad).

When Steve at SD Euro was building one up from a damaged one he imported, he said I could have it for $35k, but he needed the money there and then on the spot as he had another offer for it (this one ended up being built as a dedicated Targa car, and is awesome).

Cheers

I have no idea how much this one is for sale for but i know that they are at least 25k, as importing they are worth 19k. And yes you can register them when you import them as my brothers friend Scott did :D ohhh yeh. :bounce:

I have no idea how much this one is for sale for but i know that they are at least 25k, as importing they are worth 19k. And yes you can register them when you import them as my brothers friend Scott did :D ohhh yeh. :bounce:

You can't register an E30 M3 in New Zealand, until it is 20 years old. You must have made a mistake.

E30's no longer meet the frontal impact laws for importing them....unless it was owned overseas by the current owner here for at least six months, or they are from overseas and they are here on diplomatic duties.

Cheers

so heres the plan then - move to some other country for 7 months (to be sure) then move back (with the M3 in tow) and you got your M3 on the road!! SCHAWEEEET!!!!

so heres the plan then - move to some other country for 7 months (to be sure) then move back (with the M3 in tow) and you got your M3 on the road!! SCHAWEEEET!!!!

Thats precisely what Colin Giltrap is doing with his Porsche Carerra GT and his McLaren Mercedes SLR. They were imported to here, then sent off to england for 6 months, where they will then be re-imported back into NZ where they can be registered.

E30's no longer meet the frontal impact laws for importing them....unless it was owned overseas by the current owner here for at least six months, or they are from overseas and they are here on diplomatic duties.

So are you saying i'm driving a death trap if I have a head on?

no, it doesn't meet the laws because it doesn't have a drivers and passenger airbag as standard equipment.

Cheers

Guest Andrew

no, its just they all have to have SRS now.

Nah, easy to register it, if you dont mind pulling a dodgy cord and doing a swap from his m-tec 2 to the m3, cops dont know sh*t bout what a m-tec 2 ment to look like.

Guest Spargo

You could just say "it's an Erebuni kit"

But seriously, if you go the dodge route, all your left with is some expensive German scrap after you've finished playing with it, rather than an imported M3.

But seriously, if you go the dodge route, all your left with is some expensive German scrap after you've finished playing with it, rather than an imported M3.

My thought exactly, also what about when it comes to insurance. What happens when the person has an accident, and the insurance assessor investigates???

Cheers

there could be a lot of explaining to do then.... like "ummmmm ummmmm uh yeah how did that get into there???"

haha i think id rather have the genuine thing, and instead of disguising it, flaunt it!!! :mosh:

yup...but no one really wants to

My thought exactly, also what about when it comes to insurance. What happens when the person has an accident, and the insurance assessor investigates???

Cheers

Its a risk you have to take, but how many ppl would use a e30 m3 as a daily driver, i know my brothers mate doesnt, he drives his m-tec 2 daily, hes only taken the m3 out 3 times since it landed at port 1mnth ago. I would fully do it, hes talking me round slowly. :love:

Cheers

Its a risk you have to take, but how many ppl would use a e30 m3 as a daily driver, i know my brothers mate doesnt, he drives his m-tec 2 daily, hes only taken the m3 out 3 times since it landed at port 1mnth ago. I would fully do it, hes talking me round slowly. :love:
Please do it, everyone out there - wreck your E30 M3s as suggested in this link. I'll even offer $50 to each M3 so wrecked. Go on, DOooo EEEIT! (been watching Starsky and Hutch).

wreck your M3s. I'll even offer $50 to each M3 so wrecked. Go on, DOooo EEEIT! (been watching Starsky and Hutch).

would that offer stand to an e36 325i if i were to do what all those (insert word of choice here) do and put an m3 badge on it - even tho it looks nothing like an m3..... haha peopl do that you know....