Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

Private purchased Warranties?

I know AA does these with an AA check (probably to just earn more money)

Just wanting to know if anyone here has purchased a warranty after purchasing a car privately & how much they paid e.t.c. I know this can be done, but would be interested to know who they went through & what the costs were per year e.t.c.

Cheers :)

$1500 3 year no excess with Autosure is what I have. PM me if you want to be put in touch with a seller of them.

They have been excellent for everyone I know who has one. I haven't had to claim yet.

If you do get a warranty, get a no excess one. Also make sure your car has a mechanical check at the commencement of the policy, this clears up any arguments with the warranty co later down the track as whether a repair is a "pre-existing" fault.

I think this topic has been covered quite throughly in other threads... Good luck.

$1500 3 year no excess with Autosure is what I have. PM me if you want to be put in touch with a seller of them.

They have been excellent for everyone I know who has one. I haven't had to claim yet.

If you do get a warranty, get a no excess one. Also make sure your car has a mechanical check at the commencement of the policy, this clears up any arguments with the warranty co later down the track as whether a repair is a "pre-existing" fault.

I think this topic has been covered quite throughly in other threads... Good luck.

Thanks JJS. I'm pretty sure it has been covered at some stage aswell :) Will wait a few days & see what is posted here and then go from there. Thanks :)

I can do Motorplus Eclipse for $1050.00 Incl for 3yrs with $150 excess

Maximum claim limit of $4000.00 for each claim

Edit: We also have to do a pre-purchase report as well $140.63 Incl. $120 for BS members

Edited by botanymotorworx

btw, do you have to have a pre-inspection for the warranty at all do you know?

Maximum claim limit of $4000.00 for each claim

What happens if you blow a head gasket, pop a cambelt, drop a transmission? Or in the case of the Touareg the air suspension fails? Surely these things would be more than $4k.

Shop around for a no excess policy with no claim limit, or a claim limit of the value of the vehicle.

What happens if you blow a head gasket, pop a cambelt, drop a transmission? Or in the case of the Touareg the air suspension fails? Surely these things would be more than $4k.

Shop around for a no excess policy with no claim limit, or a claim limit of the value of the vehicle.

Is there such a thing ??

There is at Toyota, not sure that that will help though.

Is there such a thing ??

The Autosure policy I have has no claim limit.

From memory, car needs to be less than 10 years old and under 120km.

Even if you can't get an unlimited policy, make sure you get one with no excess. I've heard horror stories about people getting charged several excesses for coils, and seperating out other small repairs and trying to claim an excess for each one. No excess also lets you "enjoy" the policy more, claiming stuff that you are not too worried about, like a faulty interior item.

The Autosure policy I have has no claim limit.

From memory, car needs to be less than 10 years old and under 120km.

Even if you can't get an unlimited policy, make sure you get one with no excess. I've heard horror stories about people getting charged several excesses for coils, and seperating out other small repairs and trying to claim an excess for each one. No excess also lets you "enjoy" the policy more, claiming stuff that you are not too worried about, like a faulty interior item.

Just out of interest what kind of car do you have and what have you claimed for if anything?

Interested to no if others have claimed as well and have you had much trouble getting the work done etc..

Cheers