Sign in to follow this  
drifty325i

E30 V8 vs M5 V10 hehe

Went down to drop off my car at Rangiora Exhaust Centre today for some small things including a remote booster for my clutch as its to heavy lol. Dam cert man! And guess what was down there...... Ron's (RVTs a member on here) 2005 M5 V10 !!!!!!!!! Getting his new Meisterschaft exhaust fitted by Ben as per my recommendation :) Sounds awesome by the way! I ran out of battery so couldn't take anymore :(

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Riley

Thats not a bad idea hmmmmmmmmmm

Went down to drop off my car at Rangiora Exhaust Centre today for some small things including a remote booster for my clutch as its to heavy lol. Dam cert man!

Weird!! Skyline GTR stylz!?!

The Cert Guy should harden up!!

Mine is no doubt similar to yours (ie. don't try to hold it in at the traffic lights).

Did you investigate getting the MC sleeved down to reduce the pedal effort??

I love that photo

Weird!! Skyline GTR stylz!?!

The Cert Guy should harden up!!

Mine is no doubt similar to yours (ie. don't try to hold it in at the traffic lights).

Did you investigate getting the MC sleeved down to reduce the pedal effort??

I know, i told the guy to hardern up but he was not having a bar of that! Its freakin heavy though, makes the old mans 911 clutch feel like a feather lol. No need for gym on that leg!

We did look at it but theres no room whats so ever and the booster way seemed so easy and cheap :) Picked up an almost brand new nissan cima one for 70bucks!!!!!!!! wish i had of found that when i was looking for one for the clutch lol.

Riley

Checked under my bonnet and someone has removed my motor and put a V8 in. Have you seen a V10 anywhere in your travels ? I only went there to put the exhaust on.... Maybe Ben misunderstood my instructions .... :rolleyes:

Riley

Checked under my bonnet and someone has removed my motor and put a V8 in. Have you seen a V10 anywhere in your travels ? I only went there to put the exhaust on.... Maybe Ben misunderstood my instructions .... :rolleyes:

I thought it was a fair trade mate ;) I mean who wants a 507hp v10 these days? lol

Great find Riley. I don't think you can get a better combo than both your plates next to each other.

Very nice plate Ron, was it the one floating around on TradeMe awhile back?

Great find Riley. I don't think you can get a better combo than both your plates next to each other.

Very nice plate Ron, was it the one floating around on TradeMe awhile back?

Saw the TMe plate at the time but the O was crossed out which was not perfect IMO. Found this one by chance on Personalised Plates site and offered a low ball price (TMe seller wanted too much from memory). PP seller accepted.

That’s a nice picture mate, thanks for sharing!

Is black quite rare for a M5? Haven’t seen one on the road before.

That’s a nice picture mate, thanks for sharing!

Is black quite rare for a M5? Haven’t seen one on the road before.

I've seen a few black E60 M5s. Quite a few black M6s around too.

just had a look on plates web site and the plate E39V8 is avalible. hmmmmm could be a possibility

I've seen a few black E60 M5s. Quite a few black M6s around too.

I had a strange coincidence happen recently.

Left for school one day- followed a White M6 'Vert from beachlands to Howick.

Left for school two days later- followed a White E90 M3 from Beachlands to Howick

:blink:

just had a look on plates web site and the plate E39V8 is avalible. hmmmmm could be a possibility

I saw that too ... $849 in Blue (or Black) Silver Fern or $749 in Classic Black. How prices have gone up! My MTK plate that I have (presently sitting in my top drawer) cost me $300 back in 2001.

Nice M5 Ron. When did you sell the 540 and did you get good $$ for it?

Mike

Nice M5 Ron. When did you sell the 540 and did you get good $ for it?

Mike

Hi Mike :rolleyes:

Yeah I sold the 540 to someone in Akl for $22k from memory about a year ago. It was a great car with no issues. I had to go 6 months without a car waiting patiently for a blanck M5 in RHD.

Someone earlier in the thread made a comment about not seeing many Black M5s. In JP, black is a premium colour in the resale market and quite sought after. There were a few of silver ones that came up but no black ones for 5 months till this one. For the record, you generally pay about 15% more for a black car in JP.

Soooooooo what does it sound like Ron? I only heard it at low revs :( Ive watched a fews vids on youtube with m5s fitted with that exhaust and they sound very much like a slightly detuned f1 car amazing!

That is a damn awesome picture Riley!

Having been abused in your car with its sheer torque I think you wouldn't get too killed by an E60 :D

Haha year i don't think i would get embarrassed in a race, but year 507hp is alot

Soooooooo what does it sound like Ron? I only heard it at low revs :( Ive watched a fews vids on youtube with m5s fitted with that exhaust and they sound very much like a slightly detuned f1 car amazing!

Well the jury is out .... I exercised the exhaust in the weekend and it is hard to tell from the inside, what it sounds like on the outside. It is a step up from OEM definitely.

Meiterschaft come in 3 styles ... Sport (OEM style), Touring - Med 95dB and Race - 107dB. I was expecting a louder exhaust that would stand out at 4k RPM onwards but it seems a little quiet so far. When inside the car, the motor always founds fantastic but outside is a different story. The engraving spec says "Special Edition" which I assume refers to the fact that it has Carbon Fibre Tip. I have emailed the US Eisenmann to find out what I ended up with in reference to the loudness factor. I may throw some more $ at it to get a better sound yet ....

Next focus, however, is some RPI air intakes and front CF Lip. After that is rubber & rims.

I had a strange coincidence happen recently.

Left for school one day- followed a White M6 'Vert from beachlands to Howick.

Left for school two days later- followed a White E90 M3 from Beachlands to Howick

:blink:

Mmm... White M6 vert? Very nice. I haven't seen that around. The only vert that I've seen on the road was a blue one. White E90 M3 - nice! Haven't seen the 4 door around either other than a pic of it at the dealer. I saw a white E92 M3 just 2 days ago, it was the one I posted up a few months back sitting at the dealer, it's now been sold and has a different plate. There's also a pair of black M6s frequently seen in the city.

Well the jury is out .... I exercised the exhaust in the weekend and it is hard to tell from the inside, what it sounds like on the outside. It is a step up from OEM definitely.

Meiterschaft come in 3 styles ... Sport (OEM style), Touring - Med 95dB and Race - 107dB. I was expecting a louder exhaust that would stand out at 4k RPM onwards but it seems a little quiet so far. When inside the car, the motor always founds fantastic but outside is a different story. The engraving spec says "Special Edition" which I assume refers to the fact that it has Carbon Fibre Tip. I have emailed the US Eisenmann to find out what I ended up with in reference to the loudness factor. I may throw some more $ at it to get a better sound yet ....

Next focus, however, is some RPI air intakes and front CF Lip. After that is rubber & rims.

Could it be that the exhaust needs some time to break in? I have heard people say that, don't know how true it is though. Would be interested to see what the carbon fibre tip looks like, never seen one!

Edited by Yuen

I tell you what it sounds like on the outside if you like :) could also do some video

I think my cars around 97db and I'm pretty sure mines louder than yours but again I've only heard yours at lowish revs.

One thing Ben did mention was the fact your exhaust system has quite a few mufflers etc, from memory he said its got 4 mufflers, and 2 more smaller silencers or cats. cant remember.So its pretty strangled (noise wise) from factory

I bet the RPI intake will sound amazing to!

Edited by Riley

Riley

We sent the V10 to Hartge for their 3 series installs, HartgeH50V10! Retuned to 550bhp @ 7750rpm.