Sign in to follow this  
Andrew

BBC asked to kick off Clarkson after he admits driving 186mph on publi

Posted Image

Every time we write about Jeremy Clarkson, we always think what would happen if he and Simon Cowell exchanged some words. Anyway our main Top Gear man can’t seem to stay out of the news and this time, well almost all the time, for being bluntly honest.

Road safety campaigners are urging BBC to kick Clarkson off Top Gear after he admitted to driving over 186mph on public roads. During his recently famous interview at Hay Festival in Powys, where the 48-year old revealed that he will be racing a bullet train in Japan while driving a Nissan GT-R in the next season of Top Gear, Clarkson claimed he’s driven 120mph over the nations speed limit.

CEO of Brake, Mary Williams said:”Jeremy Clarkson is extremely offensive and irresponsible. His comments are very upsetting to loved ones who have suffered a bereavement through a road crash because of a speeding driver. He is the most appalling role model for our next generation of drivers. The BBC should sack him - he is totally out of control.”

Clarkson broke the speed limit traveling 186mph at the Limehouse Link tunnel between Central London and Docklands in none other than the Bugatti Veyron.

We can’t wait to see the next season of Top Gear Clarkson; keep at it sir.

Haha

I agree that Jeremy is somewhat irresponsible and maybe not the best role model but ... who in their own right mind would even contemplate suggesting that the BBC lay him off, the BBC is slightly less retarded than that.

Besides millions of people would have driven that speed on englands roads, why should jeremy be treated any differently, in saying that he should have used his noggan and kept it on the down low aye, because whether he intends to or not he is looked to as a role model.

Anyway, bring on the next season of TG

Obviously as he was doing all of 300kph his brain was deprived of oxygen.

Wouldn't you need the manufacturers speed limit over ride thingy to do that speed?

Without Clarkson, there will be no Top Gear. Stupid comment on his part but I can't see them sacking him.

Hahaha!

The laws of nature. When you are not allowed it , you want it more.

The allurement of danger [ or risk ] will always attact us away from our sedentary lives

No wonder the establishment can't stamp out those "Evil Boy Racers"

Clarkson is a better role model now. What pisses off most people is the fact he never got caught, It's all by his own admission

if i am thinking of the right place its pretty unlikely he could have done 186mph..its not exactly long and straight!

+ he is probably stirring them up to get the exact response he has!

good on him if he has though!

if i am thinking of the right place its pretty unlikely he could have done 186mph..its not exactly long and straight!

+ he is probably stirring them up to get the exact response he has!

good on him if he has though!

well either way

good on him

some ones gotta do it

Clarkson FOR PM !!!!

Every time we write about Jeremy Clarkson, we always think what would happen if he and Simon Cowell exchanged some words.

Uh, they have have exchanged words - a lot of words. I've seen Cowell be a guest on Top Gear twice, and Jeremy mentions him in one of his books.

Has the person who wrote this thing ever watched Top Gear?

yep ive seen him on twice too its entertaining

yep ive seen him on twice too its entertaining

maybe it was rhetorical, as in they have exchanged words, but when writing about jeremy clarkson makes you wonder anyway. lol, maybe

if i hadnt seen topgear that would have been my exit from that question

CEO of Brake, Mary Williams said:â€Jeremy Clarkson is extremely offensive and irresponsible. His comments are very upsetting to loved ones who have suffered a bereavement through a road crash because of a speeding driver...â€

This is just another example of someone telling everyone else how they should feel to further their own ends. Clarkson however seems to attract trouble where ever he goes but as an entertainer this is part of his appeal (to me at least). He is probably one of the last champions of old school "in your face" motoring where such considerations as economy and safety fall well behind the performance and fun factor.

Edited by ducatiss