Sign in to follow this  
Dyl

E36? Coupe? Manual?

I have had a bit of bad luck recently :mellow:

My dream car (Hell red E36 M3) has an engine problem. No easy fix so it's going back to the dealer for a refund. Please help!! Does anyone know of another M3 or 328i manual for sale? I have scoured trademe but I was hoping that someone might know someone!! Cheers!

Guest Simon*

Mate! You can't go back to a 328 now that you've had an M3 :)

Keep hanging in there for the next M3 I reckon.

Sorry to hear the last one was a lemon, but great you got your $$$ back

Good luck!

Mate! You can't go back to a 328 now that you've had an M3 :)

Keep hanging in there for the next M3 I reckon.

Sorry to hear the last one was a lemon, but great you got your $$$ back

Good luck!

+1

What's your budget Dylan?

+1

What's your budget Dylan?

I don't really want to spend more than about $20K at the moment. I know, I can't exactly have a 1998 Evo M3 but Im sure I can get somthing good(?)!

Guest Simon*

lots of m3 on trademe at the mo....

Agreed. $20K cash will open some doors

Try your luck and see

How did you go about getting a refund from the dealer? Was by way of their goodwill, or did you have to take further action?

$20k should secure you a nice M3. Many have been listed for ages and I'm sure $20k in cash could tempt a few sellers. Even if they are advertised for $25k, don't be scared to make an offer - the worst response you can get is

"no".

How did you go about getting a refund from the dealer? Was by way of their goodwill, or did you have to take further action?

$20k should secure you a nice M3. Many have been listed for ages and I'm sure $20k in cash could tempt a few sellers. Even if they are advertised for $25k, don't be scared to make an offer - the worst response you can get is

"no".

Hey Jeremy

My M3 developed a misfire on the second day that I owned it. Fortunately I was protected by the consumer's guarantee act. This means that if the product sold is not up to standard the seller must either fix the problem, replace the item or refund the purchase price. This is a luxury only found when you buy from a dealer. It has spent about 4 of the last six weeks either being diagnosed or repaired and despite the last lot of repair work it is still dropping a cylinder at idle. It just goes to show that paying that extra $500 or so from a dealer means less heartache if something goes wrong after the sale!

Guest Simon*

It just goes to show that paying that extra $500 or so from a dealer means less heartache if something goes wrong after the sale!

You're lucky and proved right in this case - but an extra $500 at the dealer??? :D Don't make me laugh mate - an extra several thousand at least is more like it!

Hey Jeremy

My M3 developed a misfire on the second day that I owned it. Fortunately I was protected by the consumer's guarantee act. This means that if the product sold is not up to standard the seller must either fix the problem, replace the item or refund the purchase price. This is a luxury only found when you buy from a dealer. It has spent about 4 of the last six weeks either being diagnosed or repaired and despite the last lot of repair work it is still dropping a cylinder at idle. It just goes to show that paying that extra $500 or so from a dealer means less heartache if something goes wrong after the sale!

Thats great you got a refund. I'm sure most dealers in this situation would just try to keep fixing and fixing, and then maybe throw you a carrot by way of free warranty (so the problems is no longer theirs, its the poor warranty company's).

I'm sure you will see your old car at a Turners location near you sometime soon.

Oh, have you found any M3's for $20k yet? This one looks like a nice NZ new example with full leather, and is a bit different in boston green. Surely you could own it for under $20k?