Sign in to follow this  
M3_guy

E34 Face Lifting

Just bought a E34 535i on trademe but I always love the facelift look of a E34 otherwise there nothing to fault on a 535i

Anyone done a facelift on a e34? What would i need?

A Bonnet off a facelift E34, Front Grill and assembly, What else am I missing? Please Help????

Better yet, anyone wanting to sell those???

Cheers!

I think that the bonnet, nosepanel and grilles are all you need. If you're extremely lucky you may be able to find a wrecked facelift car in the same colour as yours.

BMW will still have the bits in their parts bin and it's a simple case of just bolting them on, but new parts may be prohibitively expensive.

Get in touch with Ray from HellBM (a sponsor on here), he'll probably have what you need.

Have what you need for a facelift makeover.

Regards Ray

0212HELLBM

Just bought a E34 535i on trademe but I always love the facelift look of a E34 otherwise there nothing to fault on a 535i

Anyone done a facelift on a e34? What would i need?

A Bonnet off a facelift E34, Front Grill and assembly, What else am I missing? Please Help????

Better yet, anyone wanting to sell those???

Cheers!

Congrats on the E34, SORRY there is NO facelift to improve the first generation E34. You can change the front end but you cannot improve the tight narrower kidney grill, bonnet bulge etc. It is called proportion vs distortion to the human eye.

MR E34.

post-1048-1213406279_thumb.jpg

Guest Simon*

I agree in that I don't think the later vintage E34's look any better at all than the earlier ones

Why would you want to change an already good looking car?

My 540 is facelift, my 535 wasn't (none of them are) and I don't think the new look looks better

My 2c ;)

Was there even a facelift to the e34's ? The wider bonnets and grills were for the v8's whilst the sixes had the narrow grills.

Guest Simon*

Was there even a facelift to the e34's ? The wider bonnets and grills were for the v8's whilst the sixes had the narrow grills.

Yeah the 1995 520 has the wide kidney grill but not the flared bonnet - it's a '94 onwards thing I think

Yeah the 1995 520 has the wide kidney grill but not the flared bonnet - it's a '94 onwards thing I think

Not sure if this was aimed at the v8's, but my 93 has the wide kidney/flared bonnet.

i have a donar car .

post-279-1213525984_thumb.jpg

Yeah, there was a facelift re: wider grilles- can't remember when exactly (late '93?), but it's come up in a few of the books I have on BMW's... facelifts are usually to smooth the way for the next generation being built, in this case the E39.

all the post (about 93) or so e 34 had the wide grill and bonnet flare Eg the 525 kept the same engine but gained(or lost?) the W I D E grill and matching bonnet.(I know the engine might have changed from M50 to m50 TU)