Sign in to follow this  
crazyarab

Dreams are for free...

* Update: took some quick snaps with the old iPhone (not the best quality), hopefully will take some proper pics soon *

Yep, finally I have fulfilled my dream and am the proud owner of a 1995 E36 M3!

You guys may have seen this one on trademe for a while (Oxford green in Christchurch). Once I decided to go view it, I was so impressed at it's condition... It's basically a stock standard show room condition M3.

Aaron (previous owner) was such a great guy and I immediately knew that this car could be the one, checks all came up faultless and I decided to go ahead!

My initial thoughts...

For starters, I am still in a bit of an awe that I actually own an M3. All those long nights on trademe constantly sifting through the ads (basically broke the "M" and the "3" on my keyboard lol). Not to mention all the countless research, youtube clips and daydreams of someday owning one.

As for the car itself, wow... what can I say. It's everything I expected and more. I have been driving it around Christchurch ever since I got hold of it today (probably around 4 hours lol). Fun, fun fun!

Oh and yes, I have absolutely obliterated the bank budget and would happily accept donations of 2 minute noodles to keep me alive for the next few months.

post-1976-1213421102_thumb.jpg

post-1976-1213421126_thumb.jpg

post-1976-1213421134_thumb.jpg

post-1976-1213421142_thumb.jpg

post-1976-1213421162_thumb.jpg

post-1976-1213421173_thumb.jpg

post-1976-1213421186_thumb.jpg

post-1976-1213421193_thumb.jpg

Edited by crazyarab

Guest Simon*

Congrats you crazy bastard! :)

Happy for you mate - I'm sure we could all testify to how much you've been wanting one so well done.

I don't blame you for driving it round endlessly at all!!!

We'll look forward to pics and a new vid going over the Port Hills soon ok ;)

Oh and move the apostrophe one place to the right on your sig ;) "WAS'NT --> WASN'T"

Sorry, spelling police busted you

You crazy bastard is right.... up at 3:30 in the morning, you must be excited! (I'm bored at work right now, so that's my excuse for posting at this hour!)

Congrats, we'll have to have another Chch meet soon so we can all check the car out. (And we can compare shades of green! :D )

All those long nights on trademe constantly sifting through the ads (basically broke the "M" and the "3" on my keyboard lol). Not to mention all the countless research, youtube clips and daydreams of someday owning one.

haha i know what thats like all to well! glad you finaly got one mate!

Oh and move the apostrophe one place to the right on your sig ;) "WAS'NT --> WASN'T"

Sorry, spelling police busted you

Fixed :)!

Nice work. I admired that car on TM. A very nice, straight NZ new car. The colour looks great too!

Nice work. I admired that car on TM. A very nice, straight NZ new car. The colour looks great too!

lol, I remember first reading his ad when he had "best M3 example in NZ" and laughing it off. But soon as I saw it I could see where he was coming from.

Yeh man, those trademe photos don't even give it justice ( I will get some proper ones soon hopefully ;)). But yeh, I was very impressed at how meticulous the previous owners have been in keeping it in top condition. Hopefully I can carry on taking care of her the way she deserves!

Edited by crazyarab

Will you accept your choice of 2 minute noodles for a ride? ;)

Congrats on the purchase. That car looked very straight, and the price was very reasonable. I would have been keen too if I were in the market for one. Get us some good pictures of it!

Will you accept your choice of 2 minute noodles for a ride? ;)

Congrats on the purchase. That car looked very straight, and the price was very reasonable. I would have been keen too if I were in the market for one. Get us some good pictures of it!

Sure, I will take you up on that offer :).

Aaargh, can't remember it! I'll have to wait for some Pics.

Congrats on the purchase and nice sig.

Badass. I remember how bloody excited i was when i got mine deilivery was delayed 2 days and i didnt sleep ha pics or ban fella

Badass. I remember how bloody excited i was when i got mine deilivery was delayed 2 days and i didnt sleep ha pics or ban fella

cuz u were playing with yourself

done.

Will try and get some decent (non crappy phone camera ones) soon.

And yeh, "excited" would have to be an understatement for what I was feeling lol!

Sure, I will take you up on that offer :) .

:lol: Ok. Next time I come to Christchurch I'll bring a box.

Nice pics. Do a proper photoshoot sometime! I gotta say the colour is pretty aggressive. And I haven't seen another E36 M3 in that colour.

Did it come with the Alpine headunit?

:lol: Ok. Next time I come to Christchurch I'll bring a box.

Nice pics. Do a proper photoshoot sometime! I gotta say the colour is pretty aggressive. And I haven't seen another E36 M3 in that colour.

Did it come with the Alpine headunit?

Yeh, my good mate is a professional automotive photographer and he is coming down later this month so can't wait for that!

Yes, it came with the alpine head unit and as for the sticker... I have no idea what that even is??

Congratulations on buying your dream car! Remember i said, be patient, you have obviously got one of the better M3's now. Well done.

That looked to be a very nice car, great buy, I'm sure you will be wearing a big smile for a long time to come!

Cheers

Grant

Yeh, my good mate is a professional automotive photographer and he is coming down later this month so can't wait for that!

Yes, it came with the alpine head unit and as for the sticker... I have no idea what that even is??

It should say 'BMW Individual' and state the number, colour, colour code, etc.