Sign in to follow this  
Andre3000

BBS LM

Does anyone know if BBS LM come in 4 stud to fit the e30 non M3? My options at the moment is to get them custom made or a stud conversion. Any knowledge on stud conversions would be appreciated.

Check out the thread above - conversion to 5 stud is expensive (E30 M3 front struts or cobble together e36 struts and e36 M3 Evo lower arms, with E30 M3 or e36 318ti rear trailing arms, plus some other stuff).

Conversion spacers are possible, but probably not for 4x100 to 5x100 (or 5x anything - I wouldn't trust them), plus even if they are you may have very little offset to work with on an E30 (meaning no dish on the LMs), and they'll need a cert.

Google tells me there are BBS LM's out there in 4 stud, but they are ridiculously expensive. Having said what I did above about offset, the ones for sale in 4x100 seem to be 40 offset so would need a spacer on an E30.

http://www.google.co.nz/search?q=%22bbs+lm%22+%224x100%22

FYI: can't get spacers made to go from 4x100 to 5x120.Unless you use a 2 piece spacer which will add atlest 50mm to the offset.And they sell for ~$300 a pair

If you're desperate, BBS LM's come in 4x114.3 in Japan, but like Cam said probably not much dish because of 30-40 offset. Plus side is they're cheap-ish cos the Jap boys don't really rate them that highly. So cost should be below 5x120 rims inc 4x100-114 spacers.

Thanks for the advice guys, thats put a few things to rest. Might settle for some RS's until i get the funds to do the conversion. To me replicas are cheating and id never be able to look at the car in the same way with "fake" wheels.

Cheers

Andy you've got too much spare moolah for your new toy! E30 life will get to your and Swanny's wallets, just ask me and Chris! Also I have yet to see how it all looks with the black kidneys. I can dechrome and spray them for a box of beers if you want it to be done right :)

P.s. if you do choose to go the high road with the conversion, Sam's got a full set of gold LMs in mint knicker he aint using

Hahahaha nothings too expensive for my baby. I'm need a new kidneys cos theyr cracked anyway, but i mite take u up on that offer :). GOLD LM's! i just almost creamed myself!!

Thanks for that reference they dont look bad at all and would save me a fair amount of cash.

Hahahaha nothings too expensive for my baby. I'm need a new kidneys cos theyr cracked anyway, but i mite take u up on that offer :). GOLD LM's! i just almost creamed myself!!

The said wheels I sold to Sam :(

Posted Image