Sign in to follow this  
pureboiracer

e30 camber plates

heya guys. i need to do some seriouse cambering in the front and slightly in the rear of my e30.

i am going to give it a shot at drifting so will need aprox 2deg negitive camber at the front and something similar at the back

does anyone know where i can get camber plates and are they available for the rear?

heya guys. i need to do some seriouse cambering in the front and slightly in the rear of my e30.

i am going to give it a shot at drifting so will need aprox 2deg negitive camber at the front and something similar at the back

does anyone know where i can get camber plates and are they available for the rear?

www.bmw2002.com or www.turnermotorsport.com have complete solutions.

For the front, you can get camber plates or fixed camber adjusters but they don't give much. Getting offset E30 M3 top mounts helps, and getting the M3 style front lower arm's offset rear mount bushing helps castor a lot (BNT has Noltec ones for cheap).

Decent camber adjustment (more than 2 deg) really needs smaller diameters springs (ie coilovers) so the camber plate can move the top of the strut over far enough without the hitting the tower. Cheapest option unless you are good with fab and creative is a kit from Ground Control in the USA.

Rear is easy - just lower it and you'll have camber at the rear, but Ireland have adjustable camber/toe stuff which can be welded onto your rear subframe.

check out Irelands here, everything you need and more.

http://www.iemotorsport.com/

good to deal with, and fast too.

Not sure about fast, its been just about 2 mths since i sorted my sway bars and a few bushes. Maybe they just busy.

6 days from order to delivery on my last lot from them. I call that fast, and lucky I guess?

1st time ive dealt with them so who knows

I need to do the opposite, got a 2 degrees in the front and 2.5 degrees in the back of negative camber.

Tyres arnt cheap, so what do you guys recommend to reduce negative camber?

IE camber and toe kit antony, pain to install but best solution.

or theres eccentric bushings around but have an effect on both camber an toe, which makes alignments a bit tricky. Also known to lose adjustment easily.

The camber plates in my GC kit are very well finished. Will give up to 2.5deg.

For the front I'd go to George Stocks and build up individual adjustable fronts with their top camber plate setup, I've just done this for my E28 and it's not that hard. Because you only use a 50 or 60mm diam. spring you also gain front clearance for your wheels. Rears I'd still look at Irelands.

I need to do the opposite, got a 2 degrees in the front and 2.5 degrees in the back of negative camber.

Other than to raise the car ;) the Ireland camber adjuster does the job at the rear. At the front, do you have the M3 offset bushes? They actually reduce camber very slightly, but add caster (sometimes called dynamic camber).

For the front I'd go to George Stocks and build up individual adjustable fronts with their top camber plate setup, I've just done this for my E28 and it's not that hard. Because you only use a 50 or 60mm diam. spring you also gain front clearance for your wheels. Rears I'd still look at Irelands.

It's waaaay cheaper to get them over from Ground Gontrol - as much as I like to support NZ companies, GC is really cheap for their off the shelf stuff.

Edited by CamB

I wouldn't worry about the front TBH, just drive it hard and chances are it will wear evenly anyway

Im running -1.5-2 in the front and -2.5 rear and tyre wear has been even as over my 8000km, this is with 14"bottlecaps and 15" weaves

It's waaaay cheaper to get them over from Ground Gontrol - as much as I like to support NZ companies, GC is really cheap for their off the shelf stuff.

have to disagree there Cam, Stocks are way cheaper if you put their parts together yourself, especially when you consider freight.

have to disagree there Cam, Stocks are way cheaper if you put their parts together yourself, especially when you consider freight.

Depends if Stocks gives you discounts? I was quoted well over $3000 exc GST after a 15-25% discount for basically the same bits as the Ground Control kit I have. GC was $1800 NZD +$330 shipping + $320 GST = $2450 NZD to my door.

GC coilover kit =

-Custom spring rate eibach springs and koni custom adjustable dampers, shock dyno'd to match

-Coilover sleeves (obviously :lol: )

-Bumpstops

-Camber plates

-Top mounts

-Spanners, etc, etc

So arguably, much better value for money. Most of the gear like the springs, mounts and camber plates have lifetime warranty to the original owner too! And it comes pre-assembled for the incompetent such as myself :D

Hope this helps. (EDIT: this should be pretty good setup for drifting as well because you can run MASSIVE camber and castor with the small diameter springs. And they do rear spring rates all the way up to 800lb!)

Also the camber plates can correct camber as well.

Edited by JiB

Basically what JiB says - the cost from Stocks was over the $3k level for my 2002 (basically same parts as an e30) without rear springs as I reused what I had.

Yes, I paid for labour, but only for strut disassembly and having the perches welded on. JiB will still need the perches welded onto his struts.

Despite this, GC is still cheaper by approx $400-500 AND (for an E30) comes with an adjustable rear perch and reinforced shock mounts.

It's possible you did better than this because of BMW Series pricing, or maybe just not comparing apples to apples. Based on what I paid at Stocks, there is no way the parts would be <$3k.

Im running a GC setup in the m325 .. and even nearly two years ago they were cheaper than stocks equivilant.

New Zealand just cant compete with the US on price as they dont ship the volume / have manufacturing close by.

Even with frieght and GST car parts are just cheaper.

My brakes for example. It was 300 more in NZ and I waited 7 weeks for them. As they just shipped them from the same place I would of got them from any ways.

I too believe in supporting the local industry but when you can get it in (most cases) 3-4days landed and cleared from the states... the choice is clear.

Currently looking at BMW performace OEM cross drilled rotors for the front of the 330. $350 us for a set! BMW NZ want $1000NZ!