Sign in to follow this  
niXon

Damaged E34, manual 5spd

Hi,

Have got a midnight blue 525i (1992) for sale. Has been damaged in the rear left panel, left rear light assembly and rear bumper are damaged. 2 of the 16" deep dish mags have also been damaged, but have been told are repairable. The front left wheel has a "wobble" when driven forward and backward, have been advised that it probably needs a new hub assembly.

The car has a 5 speed manual which I had put in around 6 months ago. The gearbox was fully reconditioned and had a new clutch at time of install.

Car itself has done around 170,000kms, engine is all good, and regularly serviced. Has low king springs fitted, nice ride height, and comfortable to drive.

Looking for offers.

e: nick.ham@smartsims.com

p: 0275 484540 (text during bus hours, can call after 5pm)

Cheers.

Edited by niXon

A ball park figure would help :)

Thanks, I'm really just seeing what people would be willing to pay, hence offers. Similar principle as an auction, just seeing what the market thinks it's worth. ^_^

Thanks, I'm really just seeing what people would be willing to pay, hence offers. Similar principle as an auction, just seeing what the market thinks it's worth. ^_^

yes but people wont even bother unless you give them some idea of what you are after.

yes but people wont even bother unless you give them some idea of what you are after.

I agree.

The problem is I really don't know what it is worth... The gearbox cost around $1500 6 months ago, and is I guess the main selling point of the car. I'd part with the whole car for around that figure.

-________-

Firstly Welcome to Bimmersport.

The best way to sell on here is with pictures of what your selling and a rough estimate of how much you want for it.

Just makes the whole process easier for all.

Rough estimate as above - $1500.

Haven't got photos atm sorry, car is stuck at a friends place and haven't had a chance to get around to snap a few.

Description as first post, if anyone has any questions just ask me in here.

Here is a pretty crappy picture of the car pre crash, all I have on this PC atm:

Posted Image

Not ideal, I know, but need to get rid of it, so worked with what I had.

Are you prepared to sell the transmission, pedal box etc as a seperate item?

Really keen to get rid of the whole car, as you can imagine wrecking it is going to take a lot longer to get rid of/more hassle etc, but make an offer if you want and I'll consider.

Well in that case set up a no reserve auction on your preferred auction site and see what you get <_<

Good luck with the sale.

Well in that case set up a no reserve auction on your preferred auction site and see what you get <_<

Good luck with the sale.

Yeah, as above, have put an indication of what I am after. Thought I would list here first, assumed there would be a bit more interest than trademe. ^______________^

Really keen to get rid of the whole car, as you can imagine wrecking it is going to take a lot longer to get rid of/more hassle etc, but make an offer if you want and I'll consider.

Does your car have the M20 or M30 motor?

M30

What a bummer, if it was an M20 the gearbox would have fitted my car.

The impression I get from wiki is that the the E28 525 had m30b25 and the e34 525 had m20b25 / m50b25..

I was under the impression the M20 was a SOHC and the M30 was a DOHC? Sorry perhaps someone else can shed some light.

Edited by niXon

They're both SOHC. '92 e34 525 had M50b25 which is DOHC which is probably what this car has.

Edited by bravo

I phoned Glenn at Botany Motor Worx to find out if the trans would fit my car and he said that the E34 525 came with both engines and who would dispute Glenn.

The E34 came with the m20/m50 variants, the E28 came with the M30/M20 variants. Hope this helps.

Ok, so by the sounds of it the car has the M50B25?

If its a twin cam motor Its a M50

I phoned Glenn at Botany Motor Worx to find out if the trans would fit my car and he said that the E34 525 came with both engines and who would dispute Glenn.

M20 and M50....did I say M30 ??

Edited by botanymotorworx