Sign in to follow this  
pennyfan

E36 318ti suspension need help!!!

Hi all, I am new to this forum, need some help on the suspension of my E36 318Ti.

All I know about the TI suspension is, the front one is the same as rest of the E36, but the rear one is the same as E30 rear suspension.

While I am trying to get a set of hi-lo kit from local suspension store, they cannot find TI on their application list, then I told the guy to order E36 front and E30 rear for me, He said the nasty supplier only sell them as a set n cannot take separate order.

Now my only hope is to ordering a full set of hi-lo kit for the Z3 chassis, I once heard about the Z3 chassis is similar to 318TI's (E36 front E30 rear), does anyone here know about it?

thank you very much

Edited by Penny

Hi all, I am new to this forum, need some help on the suspension of my E36 318Ti.

All I know about the TI suspension is, the front one is the same as rest of the E36, but the rear one is the same as E30 rear suspension.

While I am trying to get a set of hi-lo kit from local suspension store, they cannot find TI on their application list, then I told the guy to order E36 front and E30 rear for me, He said the nasty supplier only sell them as a set n cannot take separate order.

Now my only hope is the ordering a full set of hi-lo kit for the Z3 chassis, I once heard about the Z3 chassis is similar to 318TI's (E36 front E30 rear), does anyone here know about it?

thank you very much

Talk to Keith & H&R our sponsors here. Ph. 021378902. Then give me a call or vice versa

my number is (09) 2722546

Cheers

Glenn

BTW I have a TI too

Ooops...welcome to the forum

Thanks for the quick reply. I will contact him.

Its difficult bcos last owner had engine conversion so its a 6 cylinder 3.0 front. much heavier.. otherwise I can just

get koni or bilstein sport package.

What do you have for me?

Otherwise you could try the Ground Control guys in the US. Quality stuff and they would probably let you order E36 fronts and E30 rear.

Complete Bilstien package (certed) on my compact.

post-1470-1214298806_thumb.jpg

post-1470-1214298834_thumb.jpg

post-1470-1214298859_thumb.jpg

Yes, i bought it off someone in Hamilton. E46 330 engine (M54) with 5sp box.

I've done a conversion on mine too. I'm running a M52 B28. I'm using Bilsteins out of an E36 328 Coupe. I had to shorten the rear shocks and I used H&R springs through Keith at H&R

Check this:

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index.php?showtopic=8117

As I said before ring me or Keith for the right advice

BTW... has your car been certed yet ??? I understand the previous owner had problems.

Edited by botanymotorworx

BTW Penny....bring it to the drag meeting next month

Mm. I haven't been cert, what kind of problem? engine or shock or else?

I drove it back to Auckland from Hamilton and seen fine. Tell me what you know about it pls. Thank you

Mm. I haven't been cert, what kind of problem? engine or shock or else?

I drove it back to Auckland from Hamilton and seen fine. Tell me what you know about it pls. Thank you

Ring me (09)2722546

PS: I dont have caller ID if your too scared to ring me :D

Edited by botanymotorworx

Ha, I am not scared, you are very nice and being very helpful.

Keith is helping me out the suspension now. I will post pics and detail once I got the deal done.

Thanks Glenn and everyone here.