Sign in to follow this  
e34alex

E34 suspension advice wanted - springs+shocks

Hi, I'm looking to get springs plus shocks for my E34 535i manual.

My needs are...

1. Replace worn out fronts shocks.

2. If the fronts are shagged, the rears can't be far behind so replace them too.

3. Lower the car to improve handling and get rid of that nose in the air look (standard springs and 17 inch wheels).

Due to (1) above, I need this reasonably soon and prefer to go to a place that can do both springs and shocks... although prepared to mix and match if need be.

I don't want to go super low... esp at the rear where I'm told that can lead to camber (or was it caster?) induced tyre wear. However the front looks like it could come down a bit. :rolleyes:

Looking at the H&R web site they seem to offer a set of springs that give a 1.3 (33mm)/0.75 (20mm) front/rear drop.

Does anyone have any feedback on these?

What about shocks?

Any recommendations/suggestions? :unsure:

I'm in central Auckland area, so experiences/recommendations on local suppliers/fitting etc would be good. I'm aware of the H&R guy on the forum, so will probably give him a call in the next day or two.

Cheers

The consensus on the best combination is H&R Springs with Bilstein Shocks.

PM Keith, username SUSPENSION, he's the H&R NZ stockist from memory.

Edited by Nick021

If cost is not a factor ...go Bilsteins. If cost is a factor I would suggest Boge shocks as it seems you dont want to lower it much. A set of H&R springs from Keith @ H&R will do the trick

Talk to Keith first Ph. 021378902

We can do the install for you, you might also have to replace top shock mounts and bumpstop/gator kits as well and have the wheel alignment corrected.

Just give me a call (09)2722546

Cheers

Glenn

Let me know how you go please, I am also interested in doing this down the line.