Sign in to follow this  
Guest Simon*

America trip and piccies

Guest Simon*

Hey all

I just got home from a few weeks in the states visiting my sister in Georgia where she lives. I took hundreds of photos but picked a few interesting ones to throw up here. My bro-in-law is in the US Air Force and I got to look over his base and the Air museum there as well. Really interesting (I'm into that kind of stuff) and amazing how much hardware the USAF donate to their museums. I really wanted to see the Blackbird they had but unfortunately that hangar was closed while I was visiting.

There's a few other bits and pieces from around the place too. Including the new Dodge Charger in Lime Green! There are heaps and heaps of these things around, as well as the new Mustang - seems like every second person has one. Lots of Hummers, especially the H2, as well as all the big Pickups and trucks from Ford, GMC, Dodge etc.

They have incentive deals on at the moment for pickup buyers - free fuel for a year on some or they'll pay 1 dollar of every $4USD per gallon on others.

Saw a fair few BMW's and prices varied. Could have bought a mint E30 325i manual Cab with 100mi where I was staying for $1400USD. Saw E92 M3's (quite a few in San Francisco) and some were selling for about $50K USD at dealers.

My big tip for the US - go to Hooters, preferably with a group and get someone to lie and say it's your birthday ;)

I pulled this twice. Worked like a charm!

Cheers

Si

post-2351-1214440156_thumb.jpgpost-2351-1214440175_thumb.jpg

post-2351-1214440195_thumb.jpgpost-2351-1214440213_thumb.jpg

post-2351-1214440226_thumb.jpgpost-2351-1214440232_thumb.jpg

post-2351-1214440243_thumb.jpgpost-2351-1214440307_thumb.jpg

post-2351-1214440316_thumb.jpgpost-2351-1214440393_thumb.jpg

post-2351-1214440404_thumb.jpgpost-2351-1214440413_thumb.jpg

post-2351-1214440421_thumb.jpgpost-2351-1214440434_thumb.jpg

post-2351-1214440444_thumb.jpg

looks like ya had alot of fun!! thats nuts that they will go to those lengths to get people to buy SUV's!!

Nice one! Why is the plane in the 10th photo half black and half camo? :S

Edited by tastic

Guest Simon*

Looks like you had a good time at hooters :P

Oh yes. All 3 times I went! (to different ones in different towns) Lovely girls, very friendly. I think every town bigger than about the size of Masterton has one!

Nice one! Why is the plane in the 10th photo half black and half camo? :S

The mighty B-52! Probably a night paint scheme. Looking up it looks black like the sky and from above camo to match the ground. It think that was the Vietnam era paint scheme when they flew night raids.

These days all the current ones are grey

Go the hooters girls!

Liking the Dodge Charger also, would be cool if they brought the charger and challenger here.

Looks like a good trip.

Looks like you had heaps of fun, is that truck in the forth photo taking out a few power lines???

Before I opened I hoped you'd gone to Hooters Simon!

Well done. SR71, best plane ever.

Good pics big fella.

SF is my favourite city (pity it has such a high cost of living compared to everywhere else around it). My immigration Green Card point of entry will be SF, and we will live nearish to it (maybe Sacramento or San Jose).

I can't wait to get over again, not very long now.

That looks like heaps of fun, the weather looked fantastic too, last time I was in the states I was able to go into fort Riley? I think it was, it was in Kansas, and have a look around at that, my uncle was in the military over there. Not quite as exciting as an air base though!

Nice one with the hooters ladies :D haha,

Edited by QuickSilver

They have incentive deals on at the moment for pickup buyers - free fuel for a year on some or they'll pay 1 dollar of every $4USD per gallon on others.

:blink: That sounds good... and they think fuel prices are high there!

Looks like you had a good time at Hooters :D