Sign in to follow this  
swiggs

Hi From New Plymouth

HI there from sunny new plymouth. Yea right.

I got a 740i. Both great cars. Would love to know of anyone else with these type of cars.

The 740 is such a fun car to run. A little heavy but its subtle shape is really great.

I love it when you get a look fro the boy racer jap crap cars who think they are so much better than you, all you need to do is give it a little gas and your gone. Haha.

Im on the lookout for a 740 M sport if they exist.

Some great stuff on here Thanks

post-3175-1214648638_thumb.jpg

post-3175-1214649573_thumb.jpg

Edited by swiggs

Hi,did you buy this recently ex trademe-did it maybe belong to a real estate guy.If so,looked like a good clean buy-nice car. Is it a 95?

Dont think theres an M-Sport but there was a genuine schnitzer on trademe a while back-there are a few of these around.Beware tho at least one on trademe lately wasnt "genuine"-still nice tho!

Congratulations mate -I think the 7's are the coolest cars around-Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi,did you buy this recently ex trademe-did it maybe belong to a real estate guy.If so,looked like a good clean buy-nice car. Is it a 95?

Haha it is still my car. I have owned it for about 4 years now. I have tried to sell it on and off for a while. It is a 95 model, not the best. Im looking for a 2000 or 2001 model. Just before the shape change. This car has been a great car, I have really looked after it only issue I had was the trans, but no major. The car used to be an embassy car.

Very good car alright.

Welcome mate. Yep weather is really crap for everyone at the moment huh?

Nice E38, good luck in your search for a M Sport

What are the differences in a M Sport? tiptronic etc?

Haha it is still my car. I have owned it for about 4 years now. I have tried to sell it on and off for a while. It is a 95 model, not the best. Im looking for a 2000 or 2001 model. Just before the shape change. This car has been a great car, I have really looked after it only issue I had was the trans, but no major. The car used to be an embassy car.

Very good car alright.

Glad I didnt say anything sh...y about it!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad I didnt say anything sh...y about it!!!!!!!!!!!

If you wanna you can say anything about the car. lol.

The m sport has stiffer suspension, a differently tuned engine, larger wheel rims and deeper arches, different interior trim, the m steering wheel, and a host of other subtle things that you expect in the m versions. and i miss tiptronic, I had tiptronic in my mitsi diamante and i want it back!!

the 740 m must be similar to the 540 m upgrades really, but i think the body shape stays the same im not sure.

Hey swiggs, welcome. Nice car btw.

hey welcome to bimmersport!

im also from new plymouth, there arent many of us taranakians here on bimmersport

car looks good!

i like the comment about the boyracers in their jap crap! soo true

not that my car could beat them tho

btw its good that its not sunny, been snowboarding both days this w.e up the mountain!

welcome Swiggs! - nice engine bay (compared to mine). Other side of island not so sunny either. When ya do get the sun, can ya push it over here please?

Welcome mate. Love the e38, easily one of my favourite bimmers. As he said^^ one clean M60!

Edited by Nick021

Very good car alright.

Are you sure your car is a 95? The car in your pic looks like a facelift, well it has facelift alloys and lights. They came out in 98

Are you sure your car is a 95? The car in your pic looks like a facelift, well it has facelift alloys and lights. They came out in 98

The rear lights are pre facelift...

i like the comment about the boyracers in their jap crap! soo true

not that my car could beat them tho

btw its good that its not sunny, been snowboarding both days this w.e up the mountain!

Thats funny. I was up there on saturday as well. Wasnt at the ski field tho. But was in the snow. Maybe a weekend im not working I will do some boarding.

Its definately a 1995 model with the 4.0 v8 (dam it all) but its a great car and is in awesome condition. body work is great. its just got the later alloys on it as the standard bbs mags are sh*t!

does anyone else on this forum have a 7 series?