Sign in to follow this  
fiatracer

H-Town BMW owner joins up

hi guys

After owning a few BMWs [E21 323i, E32 735i NZ new, E34 540i NZ new...] I currently have an E38 740i [NZ new... spotting the theme yet?] with a few gentle mods. Well, I don't plan on having it much longer - she's not getting used much so has gotta go - $6k from a bimmersport person would own it this week :( -> Phil's bloody cheap 740i

So, the reason I joined up - last night I bought a very tidy NZ new E36 328i coupe, M Sport, manual, red leather. nice car, pretty good price! Will attach a pic if I can work out how. No big plans for it except lens swap, and some nicer wheels, maybe the M3 replicas, or similar. Keen on recommendations, prob 17s, maybe 18s.

328i M Sport dunno if this link will work.

Other toys include my daily hack - turbo diesel Citroen. Don't laugh, they're great, it's my 7th. And my other toy.... Greddy turbo, I/C, etc, currently low boost only, 184bhp, soon to fix that!. :blink: .........

Keen to chat with any other local BMW guys that can advise me, or offer some nice wheels. Good to be here, cheers, Phil

Welcome.

Your 740 looks very nice good luck with the sale

but your link for the 328 doesn't work

Cheers

Jamie

Hello and welcome!

Very tidy driving in the autocross!! Looked at some of your other videos and it seems you had quite a mispent youth. Top marks.

I have a question I've always wondered - can the in-car phones in older BMW's be hooked up to a NZ network or are they all too old?

Very tidy driving in the autocross!! Looked at some of your other videos and it seems you had quite a mispent youth. Top marks.

ha! i guess. Now I'm approaching misspent middle age......

I have a question I've always wondered - can the in-car phones in older BMW's be hooked up to a NZ network or are they all too old?

Never tried it - but I was told you just need to put in a SIM card and it will work.

Sorry the 328 pic failed - must be only viewable for Facebook memberS? anyway, the new car is a silver/red leather standard 328i M Sport Coupe. Will get a bimmersport sticker on there soon

P

edit [bravo] quote tags fixed

Edited by bravo

hey, I'm sure it'll be in a FAQ, but how do I add a pic as a sinature at bottom of my posts?

Welcome to Bimmersport Phil.

Welcome to BS Phil :D

Excuse my ignorance though... where is H-Town ???

Cheers

Glenn

Welcome to BS Phil :D

Excuse my ignorance though... where is H-Town ???

Cheers

Glenn

1.5 hours down SH1.

I'm there two days a week helping solve the woes of the education sector there.

Cheers

Grant

1.5 hours down SH1.

I'm there two days a week helping solve the woes of the education sector there.

Cheers

Grant

Got it.... "Hamilton"

Got it.... "Hamilton"

aka "The Tron" or "City of the Future" :P I spent 5 years of my life down there working and studying. Well.... not so much studying.........

Welcome Phil,

Like the 740. If I had the spare coins I would be tempted myself. You should have no problem getting a good price for that I feel.