Sign in to follow this  
Steve K-B

AFM - How to test?

Ive got a 1987 325i that I suspect the AFM is rooted as the car is over fueling somthing cronic. Any one know how to test it? or does any one want to lend me a spare one if you have it floating around?

Thanks,

Ive got a 1987 325i that I suspect the AFM is rooted as the car is over fueling somthing cronic. Any one know how to test it? or does any one want to lend me a spare one if you have it floating around?

Thanks,

You need a gas analyser. I can set it up for you...however it may not be the AFM

Thanks,

Um Steve ... don't you work with Mal? he'll sort you out

Hey Ollie,

Yep I do but he suspects the computer (and he is most probably right) but I figgerd the AFM was the next easiest thing to check. I have since found a haynes manual with testing instructions so ill give it a go this weekend.

Thanks for the offer for the gas analyzer but I also have access to one.

i have afm and ecu you can try .