Sign in to follow this  
KEYMAN

anyone there . i need help please !!!

Hi , i got a e46 320i had been damaged a engine by a floodwater. I already make a claim with my insurance company but this is my first time buy an insure so i got alot of thing comfuse.... I just buy a insure for my car about 3 or 4 day before my car engine damage by floodwater. I got a foto where i got an accident and the letter of my witness. I bring my car to the machanic and he's told a accessor guy about it. They're give a permission for the mechanic guy to fix it. When everything been done . The ladies who's handle my claim file said my file still under investigate ???? If it's was investigate so why an assesor guy can let my car fix ????? They think i'm a liar to them so they're try to take time for it ??? Does anyone in here have a same problem like that ???

I find it difficult to comprehend what you are saying. If you want a quality answer on here, put some time into ensuring your post is firstly logical and (to please some people) also use proper grammar.

Insurance payouts do take time. Claiming within a few days of getting cover will almost certainly trigger some alarm bells.

However, if you find yourself in a sticky situation with an insurer, your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Community Law Centre should point you in the right direction.

i know claiming within a few days of getting cover will almost certainly trigger some alarm bells but when it's happen then it's just happen. you can't stop it so i think i need to wait for it... :(

I am not in the insurance industry nor profess to know exactly why they did this but my take on the scenario from your comments would be ...

The assessor is a person who is paid by the insurance company or is an employee of the insurance company to assess the damage and make sure the person nominated to repair the work, is correct in their estimate to repair the car. Their job is to make sure the cost to repair the work is accurate and to make sure there is no fraud between the repairer and the claimant. If they agree with the repairer on the quotation to repair, then they can give the green light to repair.

The insurance company, on the other hand, is the person paying the bill. If they think there is a possible fraud, then they will launch an investigation to make sure there is no improprieties or fraudulent claim before they do the final payout to the customer.

Without wanting to be the moderator here, if a client who is claiming on a job within 3 days of taking out insurance policy, would raise some co-incidence and concerns IMO. They are just trying to be sure in their own mind, that the claim is true.

Insurance fraud is common and affects all our premiums. They would be remiss in not investigating thoroughly before paying out given you are claiming a large $ so soon after taking out a policy.

Out of curiosity, did you just buy the car 3 days before the claim or had you had the car for some time before insuring it ?

hi RvT , you're right. I just bought a insurance for less than a week . They ask me to give a photo and witness letter about it. Later on , they're asked me to fill in the form for traffic history like do i have any accident last 5 year or any police ticket ...) i do and it's was clear nothing but when i give them a call this afternoon , they're said i need to wait for a propertie manager approve it... f***k... I try to buy a insurance before but they're wont sell because i was under 25 and they said my car engine is 2000cc injection so they're wont sell it . Until last month ,i try to go to my branch insurance company and ask them for it and i can get a full cover it.

Edited by KEYMAN

hey RvT , what's a concerns IMO ? i can't understand

IMO = in my opinion.

"would raise some co-incidence and concerns IN MY OPINION"

Is this the car that I checked before you had the insurance ?? Sounds very much like the car I checked and I bought up the fact that if you had insurance you could make a claim. Because if you drive into a flooded area of road, its considered a road accident by the insurance companies.

My brother inlaw had the same thing happen in Pauanui. The road was flooded and he misjudged the road & ditch. Ended up hydraulicing the engine of his V6 Surf. The conrods broke the block in half. Insurance paid for it because it was deemed a road accident

I find it difficult to comprehend what you are saying. If you want a quality answer on here, put some time into ensuring your post is firstly logical and (to please some people) also use proper grammar.

Insurance payouts do take time. Claiming within a few days of getting cover will almost certainly trigger some alarm bells.

However, if you find yourself in a sticky situation with an insurer, your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Community Law Centre should point you in the right direction.

Hey Crockett,you're 1st paragraphs a bit harsh-sounds like the guys not a native kiwi.

Your advice is spot on tho so you're forgiven :rolleyes:

never pay to have any work done to your car without first getting a claim number from the insurance company. Some claims do take time to process because an assessor has to confirm that the car is worth fixing and that it is a legitimate claim, unfortunately you have to wait for all that to happen before you can get your car fixed.

what insurance company are you with?

good luck

hi Botany Motor Worx , i got a big hole on the side of my engine so i think you are got another car same like me ????

No I'm sorry mr "KEYMAN" I was right B)