Sign in to follow this  
jjs

WTB: E36 Coupe Clear lights

After clear front indicators and tail lights for an E36 coupe.

PM me if you have some you want to sell!

EDIT: Please no offers of chrome / altezza style lights!

Edited by Crockett

After clear front indicators and tail lights for an E36 coupe.

PM me if you have some you want to sell!

EDIT: Please no offers of chrome / altezza style lights!

I've bought a couple of things from this guy - seems really good, stuff got here asap etc. Just bought some of his m3 mirrors about a week ago and took less than a week from auz! He's got clears for most bmw's too.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-166575897.htm

Edited by bmpower

I've bought a couple of things from this guy - seems really good, stuff got here asap etc. Just bought some of his m3 mirrors about a week ago and took less than a week from auz! He's got clears for most bmw's too.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-166575897.htm

Thanks for that. I spotted these ones also.

Has anyone had experience with these lights? Is the quality OK? Is install difficult?

I have a set of these lights on my car... they are good quality for the price. Not OEM quality, but I'm happy with them.

They haven't thrown any errors up on my OBC like some apparently do and were a piece of piss to install. Unbolt the old, bolt up the new.

Great, thanks. I take it OEM lights will be considerably more expensive?

Have just bought a 96 328i coupe in black with M3 alloys, mirrors, lip and diffuser. A clear light kit would make it look spot on!

Edited by Crockett

Great, thanks. I take it OEM lights will be considerably more expensive?

Oh you know it... you could try Ray @ HELLBM and see if he has any though.

I have some OEM rears.

One of them has had a bit of "arc"ing so doesn't work all tha time. The circuit could be easily welded back together if you got tha tools for that...

Thanks for that. I spotted these ones also.

Has anyone had experience with these lights? Is the quality OK? Is install difficult?

No worries, i personally haven't dealt with these particular lights aside from smoked side indicators, but the ones i got the quality was fine - and the same goes for my aftermarket front and rear lights. They will never be oem - but oem will never be this price!

Installation is easy as, fronts just need a long flat head to bend out the retaining plastic clip, unplug, plug in new ones and push back into place till it clicks. Sides if they are prefl will be one screw then slide forward and out, unplug, plug in new ones push back in and back then screw. Rears are from memory 4 nuts inside the boot, and unplug, put new ones in and do the nuts up. If the lights haven't been out for a long time or ever they will stick a bit - just need to give a bit of a gentle 'helping hand'!

My Mistake - Didnt no there was a difference. Do Now :)

Yeah, cheers for that. Got all excited, but unfortunately they won't fit my coupe :( Will have to go ahead with the depos.