Sign in to follow this  
dcm17

computer display

Hey team!

Ive got an e36 323i and my computer display is failing at life. When you want to check something only some of the LCD display works, if you run your finger along the LCD display you can see the information but its all faint. Also last week the back lighting on my clock failed but it came back to life.

Any ideas?

Hey team!

Ive got an e36 323i and my computer display is failing at life. When you want to check something only some of the LCD display works, if you run your finger along the LCD display you can see the information but its all faint. Also last week the back lighting on my clock failed but it came back to life.

Any ideas?

If your in Auckland...ring Shane on 0274722287

He's in Takanini... he should be able to fix it for you...he does all our instruments

If your in Auckland...ring Shane on 0274722287

He's in Takanini... he should be able to fix it for you...he does all our instruments

I'm in total agreement with that Glenn.

Shane "IFIX4U" is probable one of the best servicemen about.

GOOGLE IS AWESOME!

I hope I dont get in trouble for using another site:P But heres what i found...

http://www.bmwe36blog.com/2007/08/19/fixin...ter-lights-diy/

Yeah that just replaces the bulbs, try that, but it may not fix the problem if you have what's known as "dead pixels".

There is a DIY to fix the dead pixels which I have tried and it kind of worked but not totally.... Ray @ HELLBM sells OBC's with working pixels for $50. I'm just gonna buy a new one from him.

GOOGLE IS AWESOME!

I hope I dont get in trouble for using another site:P But heres what i found...

http://www.bmwe36blog.com/2007/08/19/fixin...ter-lights-diy/

Thanks for that Mr. Miller, I've printed that out and it looks like it might save me a bit in technician's fees.

Thanks for that Mr. Miller, I've printed that out and it looks like it might save me a bit in technician's fees.

Haha no problem, Its not so much about paying somebody else to do it for me. Its my car and I wana work on it, not just a weekend driver;) I know every person on here knows what I mean

Yeah that just replaces the bulbs, try that, but it may not fix the problem if you have what's known as "dead pixels".

There is a DIY to fix the dead pixels which I have tried and it kind of worked but not totally.... Ray @ HELLBM sells OBC's with working pixels for $50. I'm just gonna buy a new one from him.

$50 huh? Thats cool, means its not too costly if I mess something up haha