Sign in to follow this  
Heresharry

M3 Wheels

Guys,

Just bought a set of genuine m3 e46 wheels 18" what size tyre can i run on my coupe e46 to stop the rubbing currently has a 255 40 18 on but they rub (just tried to see how ridiculous they look!!)

Has any one done this before?? This is how it looks-

Posted Image

Cheers

Edited by Heresharry

Read some of the other posts regarding E46 M3 wheels - in short they are not designed to run on other 46's

As 3pedals said, the rears are "E46 M3 ONLY"

Even with the most hideously stretched tyres I still don't think they will fit as they have ~20mm too little offset.

If you find another set, I'll buy the 4 rears off you :D

I only got them as they were cheep as so not that concerned if they dont fit easily.... just thought i might be able to run a less width and profile tyres and make them fit...they do look pretty cool though! :D

In short, as 3pedals said they will not work. No matter what tyre you put on they will still rub. E46 M3's run a 5 series offset on the rear. Unfortunately you have bought yourself a couple of lemons.

If you keep an eye out for another set you could use the fronts and sell the rears! :D

Just been looking on TM and someone else is selling rears aswell probably done the same thing!!! Never mind ill just keep my eye out! ;)

either that or just put the fronts on ONE side of the car only, you know you can only look at one side of the car at a time :P

either that or just put the fronts on ONE side of the car only, you know you can only look at one side of the car at a time :P

LOL!! has to be the passenger side then! B) id look soooo cool....not

Edited by Heresharry

I have managed to find another full set is anyone interested in buying 4 rears before i go and spend $2k??? All good tyres etc

Edited by Heresharry

I have managed to find another full set is anyone interested in buying 4 rears before i go and spend $2k??? All good tyres etc

Interested!!!

PM me what you want for the 4 rears.

you have pm 323ti

Im now the proud owner of 2 sets of M3 wheels....LOL

The ones i just picked are MINT they where for sale on the BMW Car club NZ, I paid 2k!!!!!!

Edited by Heresharry

Nice, they're nice looking wheels for sure!

Actually I believe if you run a 245 series rear tyre and run a ridiculous rear camber (around -2.5) they will fit a normal 3 series without rubbing.

I have had a quote to roll the arches for $60 and they will do it onsite (aucks) might get it done anyway :rolleyes:

just be warned... e46 gaurds are built like a brick sh*t house .. see if they can heat them up a little before rolling them as not to crack the paint.

just be warned... e46 gaurds are built like a brick sh*t house .. see if they can heat them up a little before rolling them as not to crack the paint.

Correct ... I've yet to see one done that didn't crack the paint big time ...

I have had a quote to roll the arches for $60 and they will do it onsite (aucks) might get it done anyway :rolleyes:

If you insist on getting it done, make sure they pull all the silicone out of the guard as well. If you put your fingers just inside the guard you can feel it all the way around. If this isn't done you will just be wasting time trying to roll them. E46 guards are double skinned, hence the extra time and care needed to roll them properly. If the guy is coming to you make sure he has a heat gun otherwise send him packing!

Rolling the guards isn't going to help anyway because the rear wheels on an E46 M3 are a 5 series offset and no matter what you do WILL NOT FIT!!!! :P

If you are the mood for giving away money I can think of far more worthy causes ;)

Edited by zenetti

Actually I believe if you run a 245 series rear tyre and run a ridiculous rear camber (around -2.5) they will fit a normal 3 series without rubbing.

There really are some BMW guru's on here aren't there!!

Why would you recommend this? :wacko:

Running -2.5 degrees camber = plain stupid on a road car! Not too mention huge camber wear, reduced grip due to the small contact patch of the tyre on the road, etc

Edited by zenetti

There really are some BMW guru's on here aren't there!!

Why would you recommend this? :wacko:

Running -2.5 degrees camber = plain stupid on a road car! Not too mention huge camber wear, reduced grip due to the small contact patch of the tyre on the road, etc

I thought he was joking.

I thought he was joking.

Me too! :rolleyes:

Never mind, and i think its officially dead now its a given that they "WONT FIT" properly, so i have two sets and currently im running 4x fronts all round which are very good looking IMHO.

Thanks for all the input and "advice", cheers guys

Chris

Edited by Heresharry

I thought he was joking.

sorry if I misinterpreted :)

there has been so much 'bad advice' given on these forums that I think I just 'snapped' :D lol