Sign in to follow this  
Napier_E36

$50

A little boy wanted $50 very badly and prayed for weeks, but nothing happened.

Finally he decided to write God a letter requesting the $50.

When the postal authorities received the letter addressed to God, NZ,

they decided to forward it to the Prime Minister as a joke.

The PM was so amused, that she instructed her secretary to send the little boy a $20 bill.

The PM thought this would appear to be a lot of money to a little boy.

The little boy was delighted with the $20 bill, and decided to write a thank you note to God, which read:

"Dear God: Thank you very much for sending the money. However, I

noticed that you sent it through the Beehive in Wellington, NZ...

and that b1tch deducted $30.00 in taxes."

true. the prime minister is also butt ugly.

No need to bring out the insults, just cos shes got a deeper voice than everyone here...

that reminds me, has anyone seen facelift on tv1 Fridays? Funny sh*t that is.

this brings up a point, in 2months i earnt 5500 and was taxed 1700 and being 17 and with a student loan i thort that i was ment to be taxed less and be given most of it back but only got $173 back, whats up with that :banghead:

Don't cry bro, I lose $2200 a month to the government, $445 worth chipping away at my loan :(

EDITED: And f**k, why is it that the the more you earn the more tax you have to pay??? Why the f**k should the productive good citizens in this soceity fund the useless lowlife good for nothings who can't even lift a finger to earn a dollar :angry::angry:

Edited by ///Carl

It should be the other way around, get taxed hard core for the first few hundy and thou and then get progressively better, that way you're paying your dues to soceity - pay your fair share

And given that our soceity seems to be user pays now and less government owned why do we still get taxed so much??? :angry:

Edited for sensitivity's sake

Edited by ///Carl

Ahh F###ing Democracy.. I agree with Carl or even better 20% across the board regardless of income all fair then.... But Gus has a damm good point too shoot the f***ers. I don't mind helping those that are trying to help themselves but as for the ones sitting on thier asses with there hand out :angry: :rambo:

where does all our taxes go??? MMP & maori :angry:

watch it bud..

it isnt fair that the people who earn over a certain income each year get taxed at a higher rate - my old man was a plant manager at the meat works in stortford lodge in hastings. They downsized, and since he was looking to get out, put his hand up for redundancy... Im not too sure what they payed him before tax, but the government took $20,000 in tax.... wheres the fairness in that? I dont think a redundancy pay out should be taxed so highly - afterall, your losing your job and all....

Man don't get me started on taxes... between my wife & I lets just say we're paying for our fare share of beneficiaries. :confused: Plural.

I still believe in a progressive tax system, whereby those at the bottom of the heap pay less than those at the top. However $60k p.a. is a pretty low cap for the top tax bracket to kick in... everyone over that level is "rich" according to NZ standards. Take the USA, they have a fairly high top tax rate, but it doesn't kick in until $200K USD.

How about this as a kicker though... that new family assistance program that the Govt is going to phase in provides tax savings for middle income families. But get this... for families earning $40k the marginal tax rate (ie- the tax they pay on the next dollar they earn) is 90%, because of the reductions in benefit.

What kind of f**d up system is that for encouraging people to work more?

Yes. Tax is pure evil.

And you know who is the only party that's gonna give everyone a tax cut?

ACT.

You know who ill be voting for.

well we all know NZ is considered to be 3rd world practically, why not loot the rich, really and while were at it loot the student who only actually earns 100 a week, yea and then we will tax em and make em pay off the masive ass loan when he gets into the workforce, good plan. And they expect me to stay in NZ getting piss all?? burn motherbitches, im out asap!

tax = reaming

im out asap

and i....degree then gone

well we all know NZ is considered to be 3rd world practically, why not loot the rich, really and while were at it loot the student who only actually earns 100 a week, yea and then we will tax em and make em pay off the masive ass loan when he gets into the workforce, good plan. And they expect me to stay in NZ getting piss all?? burn motherbitches, im out asap!

tax = reaming

Thats the smartest thing you've ever said!

Maybe youll be allowed to own a bimmer soon! :P

We shouldnt penalise people for income. Its silly also how you get taxed 33% on interest etc... Way to have a disincentive..

You think we shouldn't get taxed on interest?

It's income isn't it?

ACT and National both support tax cuts. I was under the impression that ACT was supporting a flat tax at 21%, however low income earners are currently taxed at 19.5%.

Be thankful our tax legistlation is so simple, you should see the size of the tax return my wife does each year for US Federal tax.

Interest i dont see as income.

Interest comes from money you saved, money you already paid tax on. Money you could have spent on a sub/amp combo.

Taking a third of it saying its income isnt fair. I dont save so they can take more money (tax) away from me than i pay on my income..