Sign in to follow this  
oscar90

Trademe= stupid today LOL

Just wanted to get peoples view on this;

I get trademe emails all the time for putting my cellphone number on my listings, i think its fair so people can contact me, and i like to be able to contact people outside of trademe also, even though obviously they disagree with my point of view and its against their rules

I think they should spend all day looking for the scams and keyword nutters(millions of keyword with no relivance) rather than always removing peoples numbers on afew little auctions,

just my point of view :rolleyes:

whats everyone else think??

cheers Andrew

(end wee rant)

I agree it would be nice to see cellphone numbers, but I'm guessing TradeMe's main revenue stream is the success fees. They would still make money off promotions, uploading extra pictures etc but if they allow cellphone numbers they would be sacrificing a huge chunk of revenue because people will circumvent the auction process. So I can understand why they don't allow cellphone numbers.

My last tm exp has been awesome.

Got a brand new heavy duty engine stand for $40! Just picked it up today.

New search function is good too

I've never been snapped for mb numbers... gotta disguise it.

ive done telecom 1212123 and telecom two one two three etc... even contacts in profile...but everytime...i think they keep an eye on me haha

Plently of tm nazi's arounds

Plently of tm nazi's arounds

F*ck aint that the truth...be good if they just picked on the irrelivant keywords auction

as for someone constantly reporting me...never thought of that haha

Yep someone reported me, "how can it be sold if your advertising it", well stop and think, MAYBE i sold it after i listed the item outside of trademe, god some people have nothing better to do!

I guess if you don't like Trademe, don't use it. If it's so bad, why are their nearly 2 million users?

The majority of their revenue comes from success fees. If cell phone numbers were allowed people would conduct business outside of Trademe, lowering their take.

theres really no other alternitive, i realise they get their money from the sucess free's etc. just had enough of their emails in that last few weeks lol. ive only sold one item outside of trademe, most txts are just questions or bogus offers

I guess if you don't like Trademe, don't use it. If it's so bad, why are their nearly 2 million users?

No other choice.

I think its a great site, and if I owned TM I wouldn't hesitate in increasing the fees- called capatilism. Especially with the Monopoly it has.

It would be good to get some competition for them though to keep fees down. Hopefully that SellMeFree (or whatever it is now) will continue to grow.

Alot of people sell cars on TM. You are allowed your ph number on car auctions (still amazes me how many people still think they can't though).

So, look on their previous or current listings for cars and get the number off that.

The majority of their revenue comes from success fees. If cell phone numbers were allowed people would conduct business outside of Trademe, lowering their take.

I think you have hit the nail on the head, I couldn't agree more.

I think that Trade Me (or if I was in the cool crowd I'd call it "Tard Me") is brilliant.

Cheers

Grant

Have any y'all actually had an account suspended?

A long while back I had a bunch of emails "telling me off", but their Pimp Hand ain't strong.

Edited by Jammasterjames

ive had 3 accounts suspended, because of multiple logins.

i have had numerous auctions closed by trademe for having contact details listed. It has an upside though, i put a jetski and trailer on trademe for 1$ reserve, bidding went up then i got an awesome offer privately which i accepted so i just put my contact details in the auction and trademe cancelled the auction haha otherwise i would have been obliged to let the auction run

I have advertised a few cars on Trademe, and always cringed at the success fee's. But I accept the fact that Trademe is the easiest way to sell a car and just pay it. In my last auction I was surprised to see the success fee's had been changed. Or so I thought, they had only changed the wording.

What is your interpretation of the following screen shot in respect to Auction prices and success fee's? (the highlighted section)

post-1332-1217656961_thumb.jpg

F*ck aint that the truth...be good if they just picked on the irrelivant keywords auction

Have to agree.The whole keyword thing really pisses me off-try searching 540/740/750-since when did 3 series/mercs etc resemble any of these.

One auction I checked out last night had 4 lines of keywords!!!!!!

We are not allowed to give our phone no, But they have just given all our information to a prisoner, including name, user name,wear u live and wat u have bought.

Yes check yahoo xtra window

We are not allowed to give our phone no, But they have just given all our information to a prisoner, including name, user name,wear u live and wat u have bought.

Please use proper English and spelling, not text language.

Cheers

Grant