Sign in to follow this  
savvi

e30 325 slave cylinder

hi all , just wondering wats the best bleeding tool to use , i was thinking of using a pressure bleeder ,

Clutch slave cylinder?

My tools are a cut in half bottle with clutch/brake fluid sitting in it (in case anything gets sucked back in), a rubber hose that fits over the bleed nipple, a ring spanner, and a second person to listen to my "in" and "out" calls, works a treat everytime.

Edited by QuickSilver

Clutch slave cylinder?

My tools are a cut in half bottle with clutch/brake fluid sitting in it (in case anything gets sucked back in), a rubber hose that fits over the bleed nipple, a ring spanner, and a second person to listen to my "in" and "out" calls, works a treat everytime.

same, haha. hasn't failed me yet!

another way if u dont have a pressure bleeder is to connect a 3mm pipe to the left front caliper and to the slave cylinder,then u pump the brakes and it bleeds the slave from the bottom forcing out all the air-clutch in no time!!!

another way if u dont have a pressure bleeder is to connect a 3mm pipe to the left front caliper and to the slave cylinder,then u pump the brakes and it bleeds the slave from the bottom forcing out all the air-clutch in no time!!!

The brakes and clutch aren't connected.

Hes talking about using the brake system to force the fluid through the clutch line from the slave up.

Quite clever. Wonder how well it works.

Glenn??

Edited by westy

Hes talking about using the brake system to force the fluid through the clutch line from the slave up.

Quite clever. Wonder how well it works.

Glenn??

It does work, a bit of mucking around, and I dont like the idea of pushing old brake fluid up through new clutch cylinders.

Just as easy to do a 2 person, pump & bleed, only takes a few minutes

It does work, a bit of mucking around, and I dont like the idea of pushing old brake fluid up through new clutch cylinders.

Just as easy to do a 2 person, pump & bleed, only takes a few minutes

wat fluid/brand would u recommend to use glenn thanks

wat fluid/brand would u recommend to use glenn thanks

Really dosnt matter so long as it's Dot 4