Sign in to follow this  
bravo

Petrol Report

NZ Herald Story

I'm not armed with facts, so this is just a personal conspiracy theory, but don't you find it interesting that when petrol prices were at their peak the government were all guns blazing about their inquiry - that they were going to get to the bottom of the fuel price problem, that they were after answers, and by god they were going to get them.

At the time many a spokesperson from the industry and interested groups said it was a waste of time, that they would find out nothing except that things were pretty much the best that could be expected.

Now the report is being released saying exactly that - timed precisely when petrol is at the lowest its been for awhile.

Coincidence? Yeah right.

What size petrol reserves do NZ companies keep?

Because the thought struck me that even though the price of each new batch of petrol the companies were importing was increasing, they were essentially selling old stock, bought at old prices, at an increased price.

Is this ethical? Or standard business practice?

I think they have about 3-6 months reserves here, so essentially theyre selling the 3 month old priced fuel for new priced fuel. bastards.

Godammit, petrol has to be cheap while my cars in the shop ay...

Pfft, guess im saving because i dont have to fill the red bitch up though. Running the 1.3 familia is a lot cheaper!!! , but nowhere near half as cool d-_-b