Sign in to follow this  
*Glenn*

850 Csi Manual

Parts arrived from Germany today. Should be all sorted by Thursday...so long as something else doesnt give with all the new pressures operating the brake and ASC systems.

BTW: For the purists (and eagles) the roundels came as well and I've fitted them. They are different from all the other BMW roundels (X Germany)

What’s different about them Glenn??

Good sh*t BTW, those M things that were on were hideous, throw them on Trade-Me and I bet someone will buy them, they would look great with Altezza style lights and those awesome chrome aftermarket door handles.

What’s different about them Glenn??

Good sh*t BTW, those M things that were on were hideous, throw them on Trade-Me and I bet someone will buy them, they would look great with Altezza style lights and those awesome chrome aftermarket door handles.

How they are made & how they attach. The //M next to 850csi is factory

20%????!!!.

now thats good business thinking.........as long as the values go up.......not likely me thinks

when your spending money is equal to the gdp of a small country I dont think the normal rules of financial management apply...

when your spending money is equal to the gdp of a small country I dont think the normal rules of financial management apply...

your probably spot on there.

what would i buy if i could spend the goverments social welfare's budget????

trip to the moon on a yearly basis for a start

Edited by BM Weapon aka topcat

Parts arrived from Germany today. Should be all sorted by Thursday...so long as something else doesnt give with all the new pressures operating the brake and ASC systems.

BTW: For the purists (and eagles) the roundels came as well and I've fitted them. They are different from all the other BMW roundels (X Germany)

where do we line up for the test drives?

All serious contenders can make contact and it can be arranged.

Glad to see we are back on topic

BTW: I pretty sure I posted the complete list of the Sultans cars in a previous thread somewhere...I tried looking for it, but couldnt find it.

Could we please try and keep this thread on topic though... pretty please

Thanks

Glenn :D

Glenn - you know I *actually* deserve a ride in it, can you let us know when it's ready and I'll pop past for a final inspection :D

Glenn - you know I *actually* deserve a ride in it, can you let us know when it's ready and I'll pop past for a final inspection :D

Sure Brad....PM me with your phone number

May I ask what the final valuation is looking to be? Obviously not if it's going to start a ginormous rant from others

Serious people are already in touch and the value will not be put up in here for the reason you have just stated. Serious people already know the value of this unique vehicle and it would be great to keep it here in NZ.

Everythings all finished...goes for compliance recheck tomorrow

Drove it 3 X today :wub:

BTW: got some more pictures ... I'll post them up in the morning... new roundels and pictures of the ASC control unit we had to replace and what was involved in doing it.

Edited by botanymotorworx

If this car was purchased by someone and used as a daily, it would ruin its value. Remember its a 1994 I owner done 20,000km and one of seven of its build type in the world and the only one of two of this build type in NZ.

None ever came into the country through BMW NZ and there are only 4 genuine 850 Csi's in the country.

Edited by botanymotorworx

I would only drive it on the hottest, driest day of the year. Any other time it would be kept in a high security, humidity, light and temperature controlled garage.

Oh to have the money to own an ///M8 like this one.

I hope it stays within NZ shores, hopefully one day I will see it in person.

I would only drive it on the hottest, driest day of the year. Any other time it would be kept in a high security, humidity, light and temperature controlled garage.

Oh to have the money to own an ///M8 like this one.

I hope it stays within NZ shores, hopefully one day I will see it in person.

Crocodile Dundee voice on/

That's not an M8, this would have been the M8

/Crocodile Dundee voice off

We went for a small cruise this morning. One battery is still an original BMW from 1994 and the car was dead flat this morning. Glenn will be getting another battery today and then it is all ready to go :D

Lovely car, if you've got $70k and don't want to buy it, please give me the money. I'll sell my body!

Lovely car, if you've got $70k and don't want to buy it, please give me the money. I'll sell my body!

You don't need to sell your whole body, one kidney will do!

Guest Simon*

Awesome, now just need to find a buyer :D

Jonah? Oh wait he's got one

I think the asian market is your best bet. They're often even kind enough to whip it out while you're drunk and looking the other way ;)

Jonah? Oh wait he's got one

I think the asian market is your best bet. They're often even kind enough to whip it out while you're drunk and looking the other way ;)

Or any fat, rich American.

This is one of the repairs we had to do to get it rewarranted & registered...which has all been done now

We had to fit a new ACS control unit

New one was $7,800 +GST

We ordered a RMF one, however when it turned up, it was brand new

Cost $3,600 + GST

A new hydraulic accumulator was also fitted

New shocks (Bilstein) New drive belts , adjust headlights, change brake fluid was also required

post-1129-1220467420_thumb.jpg

This is where it fits

post-1129-1220467440_thumb.jpg

Master cylinder & hydraulic booster out first

post-1129-1220467456_thumb.jpg

This is the control unit

We have also replaced the roundels ( for the eagles )

post-1129-1220467487_thumb.jpg

post-1129-1220467474_thumb.jpg

My God what a magnificent car!

Yes it really is...and I've driven it :wub: 7 times now :rolleyes:

Guest Simon*

Yes it really is...and I've driven it :wub: 7 times now :rolleyes:

Couldn't the workshop invest in it as a show piece/company flagship sort of thing Glenn? ;)

Some nice safe removal magnetic signage to go on the sides. Drive it round a little and get the tax back

Purely thinking of you here mate! B)