Sign in to follow this  
*Glenn*

850 Csi Manual

*heart stops*

Mine cost me 12000 pounds and it will cost at least $10k to get it on the road, probably more like 20

Any chance I could come around and have a perv at it?

Hi Glenn

Wouldn't say I am ultra keen but definitely interested depending on what value the seller puts on it. When the price has been set a price, let me (us) know.

Ron

*heart stops*

Mine cost me 12000 pounds and it will cost at least $10k to get it on the road, probably more like 20

Any chance I could come around and have a perv at it?

Yes...by all means....come and have a look...looking is free :P

Front and rear roundels are getting replaced & the m badge removed once we have the car in the new owners name on the papers. Then we are selling it after a few other bits are tidied up. At this stage we are only concentrating on the WOF issues to get this sorted.

Edit: Only the roundels are going to be replaced the "///M" is meant to be there...factory fitted

I've also been corrected only 160 RHD 6 speed manuals were ever made not 135...as I was told 135

Edited by botanymotorworx

Smartassed comments like it looks like it needs a date with a steam cleaner, or the ///M roundels should be replaced are pitiful.

Some people here are too quick to criticise other peoples vehicles. If you are that clever, then fork out the $80 to $100 grand for this car then YOU can do with it as you please.

I saw this car yesterday at Glenn's workshop and it is one hell of a car, and I for one would love to own it exactly as it is.

But I am getting annoyed at those members here who continually criticise others cars. I like my car "blinged" others don't, but why criticise me just because of what I like.

Rant Over

Edited by bravo

I think you're over-reacting Brian.

They're just trainspotters doing what trainspotters do best. I hardly think it was ctricism of the vehicle.

I for one agree with you on those that DO criticise others rides. As you say, each to there own. However I don't think this is the case here.

I removed your first comment as I could see it starting a shitfight in what so far has been a pretty good thread. Your comments/opinion are welcome, but please try not to personally attack members.

Cheers.

P.S. Back on topic please.

Edited by bravo

sensitive types :rolleyes:

It really does need a steam clean underneath. This way its as mint underneath as it is on top! It would cost nothing to do and add a ton more value to the would be trainspotter buyer. Hardly a critisim now is it ;)

sensitive types :rolleyes:

It really does need a steam clean underneath. This way its as mint underneath as it is on top! It would cost nothing to do and add a ton more value to the would be trainspotter buyer. Hardly a critisim now is it ;)

If you read the entire thread carefully you will then know that this car has been in storage for four years, it has just come out and gone straight to Glenns for an inspection and get the necessary work done on it.

It is not in some Concours show, it needs work and that has been made quite clear.

You guys go off half cocked with your inane comments without thinking or reading what has been written.

An "850CSi" badge appears on the trunk lid, but there are no M badges on the exterior of the car.

Smartassed comments like it looks like it needs a date with a steam cleaner, or the ///M roundels should be replaced are pitiful.

Some people here are too quick to criticise other peoples vehicles. If you are that clever, then fork out the $80 to $100 grand for this car then YOU can do with it as you please.

I saw this car yesterday at Glenn's workshop and it is one hell of a car, and I for one would love to own it exactly as it is.

But I am getting annoyed at those members here who continually criticise others cars. I like my car "blinged" others don't, but why criticise me just because of what I like.

Rant Over

That M roundel replacement has no place on such a rare and prestigious car. The fact it’s on there could affect a potential buyers perception as to how this car has been looked after, it is after all the type of vehicle that would be purchased by a collector and I guaranty you a car this rare is a lot more appealing 100% original.

Sorry if im anal about such things but I hate to see rare cars devalued with such discussing non OEM items.

Edited by Apex

You guys go off half cocked with your inane comments without thinking or reading what has been written.

Are you sure you haven't been doing just that?

Please play nice guys. Ive enjoyed being involved with this. Yes the roundels are coming off end of story.

And the plot thickens... have all the build details now. This is one of seven ever built with speedo in kilometers

2 went to Hong Kong, 2 to Singapore & 3 to Australia.

This has been real interesting and its one of the rareist BMW's in the world

I would really appreciate it if no one stuffs this thread up... I DONT WANT IT CLOSED

Thanks

Glenn

Please play nice guys. Ive enjoyed being involved with this. Yes the roundels are coming off end of story.

And the plot thickens... have all the build details now. This is one of seven ever built with speedo in kilometers

I would really appreciate it if no one stuffs this thread up... I DONT WANT IT CLOSED

Thanks

Glenn

so we never had one here....i am sure i saw one in taupo once...perhaps it was just a std 850ci

so we never had one here....i am sure i saw one in taupo once...perhaps it was just a std 850ci

Not manual or spec'd like this one. BMW NZ imported auto's...as I said only seven of them built

One of the Singapore ones ended up here. That might of been the one you saw. The other Singapore one went to Australia

Thanks

Glenn

One of seven RHD with KPH.. All LHD German versions were KPH :P

One of the Singapore ones ended up here. That might of been the one you saw. The other Singapore one went to Australia

pretty sure it was a black one ,but it could also have been that very very dark blue that almost appears purple.

I DONT WANT IT CLOSED[/b]

Thanks

Glenn

Keeps the fantasy of owning it going, like the fantasy price :D :D :D

Keeps the fantasy of owning it going, like the fantasy price :D :D :D

Would you like to offer over $80,000 ??... it could be yours and according to our research so far it may be worth more. According to information we have at this stage, its the lowest milage car of its kind on the planet

Nice work :) ... Maybe BMW NZ should buy it for a show piece!

Glenn I would like to take some proper photos of it in a session before it buggers off to some collectors garage for ever. :)

If you read the entire thread carefully you will then know that this car has been in storage for four years, it has just come out and gone straight to Glenns for an inspection and get the necessary work done on it.

It is not in some Concours show, it needs work and that has been made quite clear.

Cool however it has had leaky shocks and looks like its made a sh*t of a mess under there. Im not joking when I say my 330i underneath is cleaner than that. Its at 113000ks ... just a constructive observation dude..

Nice work :) ... Maybe BMW NZ should buy it for a show piece!

Glenn I would like to take some proper photos of it in a session before it buggers off to some collectors garage for ever. :)

Any time next week

It will be here few a few more days. We did all the WOF repairs including the brake accumulator, now its holding pressure the ASC controller decided it wanted to leak. X Germany $3,600 (RMFD)+ a new one is $7,125 + GST

Not many could afford to own this car.. Its costing approx $10,000 to get the warrant because the car hasnt been used for 4 years