Sign in to follow this  
AlienEclipse

New Dunedin Member!

Don't know why its taken me so long to join this forum. But i'm here now.

My pride and joy is a '95 325i Coupe. Had it about 10 months now. It had 197,000Kms on the clock when i brought it. Ive put on an additional 11,000kms in the past 10 months and haven't had an issue, everything in/on the car working. Including my carpc (explain more later).

The pics attached are a bit old. Ive changed the mags (and house) since these were taken.

post-3333-1219400626_thumb.jpg

post-3333-1219400680_thumb.jpg

post-3333-1219400755_thumb.jpg

Welcome :) Good to see another E36 coupe!

Would like to see what mags you have on there now.

Enjoy

Welcome to Bimmersport.

Nice car. M-spec Coupes FTW!

Welcome :) Good to see another E36 coupe!

Would like to see what mags you have on there now.

Enjoy

Hopefully if the weather holds i will actually get a chance to clean it and take new pics. Hasn't been cleaned for over a month and with all the crap weather, she's a very dirty girl.

Welcome to Bimmersport.

Nice car. M-spec Coupes FTW!

Not an actaul M-Spec (Unfortunately). One of the many previous owners would have done a face lift.

Hopefully if the weather holds i will actually get a chance to clean it and take new pics. Hasn't been cleaned for over a month and with all the crap weather, she's a very dirty girl.

And who dont like Dirty Girls ;)

Here is an updated pic (taken today) with the new wheels. Forgot to put the spots back in, so it looks a little weird.

As for the CarPC. Basically i have a custom small form factor PC in the back (above the sub box). It runs a modified/slimmed down version of Windows XP. It runs an application called Centrafuse (www.centrafuse.com) which provides music, video, dvd playback as well as GPS navigation, web browser, email client, OBDII readout, bluetooth, wireless, plus much more. All this is driven from a 7" LCD touch screen mounted in the dash. Check out http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show-off-your-project/ and have a look at some installs to get an idea of it.

I'll post pics soon.

post-3333-1219485426_thumb.jpg

Edited by AlienEclipse

Welcome! Great to see another fellow Dunedin member! Sweet ride man, love those wheels.

Wasn't it a fantastic day today, glad to see you made the most of it pic-wise! Was definitely a perfect opportunity to have the top down this avo for a winter's drive.

Welcome to Bimmersport, nice car. The CarPc thing sounds interesting, how quick does it boot up?

Welcome to Bimmersport, nice car. The CarPc thing sounds interesting, how quick does it boot up?

On a good day, less than 5 sec. using hibernation. on a bad day, close to a minute or not at all. Haven't tracked down what causes it to go slower.

Welcome to BS1

Wow, bloody tidy car. You look after it really well. I haven't seen it around Dunners at all - does it hibernate during the winter months and only come out on sunny days for photos? It appears like have a photgraphic touch as well - couple of shots there down at the harbour basin - what camera do you use?

Think I've seen that car before. The wheels that were on it were already the goods!

Welcome aboard.

Welcome to BS1

Wow, bloody tidy car. You look after it really well. I haven't seen it around Dunners at all - does it hibernate during the winter months and only come out on sunny days for photos? It appears like have a photgraphic touch as well - couple of shots there down at the harbour basin - what camera do you use?

The car is very much round dunedin all the time. Its my only car, so i uses to to go to and from work and everywhere else i need to.

It only looks tidy in that photo coz i had just spent the previous 3-4 hours cleaning it.

Yeah, took quite a few shots that day. My camera is only a budget point-and-shoot 10.1 MegaPixel Casio. As for the photo graphic touch, i like to play a bit in Photoshop.

Think I've seen that car before. The wheels that were on it were already the goods!

Welcome aboard.

I didn't have much choice, but to replace the wheels as they were too wide for the front. Both the front and rears were 18x9. It was rubbing something chronic and would pass WOF. Mag and turbo gave me a good deal on the new ones. Plus the wheels were majorly curbed. I actually like the look of the new ones better (similar in design to the old ones.)

I like your sig pic where your car reflects off the glass in the background.

New wheels look great!

edit.. spelling <_<

Edited by Quailboy

I like your sig pic where your car reflects off the glass in the background.

New wheels look great!

edit.. spelling <_<

Cheers.

The Jade Quay building in the dunedin harbour basin is good place for photos. The whole building is just glass.

attached is another pic that shows a bit more of the building.

post-3333-1219824065_thumb.jpg

Nice car man, just like mine! Only I like your wheels better haha

Thanks. Yeah, seen your signature. You have a damn nice car too. I kinda like the full black, stealth look.