Sign in to follow this  
MIRAGEone

E36 brake upgrade

Well I lowered my car and put new shocks on over this last week (replaced a brake hose too but thats irrelevant).

Now im turning to the brakes. Simple bolt-on upgrades would be nice. As the only time I get to work on my car is during smoko and any day I get off work early (theres a mechanic workshop onsite where I work.. I'm friends with them). Im running factory 15s.

Theres nothing wrong with the factory brakes now. I know she's a heavy machine. But slowing down from 160kph+ takes alot longer than im content with.

Any recommendations or advice ?

Hi

I had warped front discs so was going to get them ground for $150.I went in to buy some new pads and happenned to ask how much were new discs .Standard discs cost me $46 each or you can get high perfomance ones for about $70 each. Call 0800657544 Import parts diirect .Pads were $55 .The BMW is the easiest car I ahve ever done pads on .Good Luck Cheers Lloyd

Well I lowered my car and put new shocks on over this last week (replaced a brake hose too but thats irrelevant).

Now im turning to the brakes. Simple bolt-on upgrades would be nice. As the only time I get to work on my car is during smoko and any day I get off work early (theres a mechanic workshop onsite where I work.. I'm friends with them). Im running factory 15s.

Theres nothing wrong with the factory brakes now. I know she's a heavy machine. But slowing down from 160kph+ takes alot longer than im content with.

Any recommendations or advice ?

Go for some EBC green stuff pads and change your fluid.. If you require better brake feel I believe braided lines are the best rout..

Go the mighty auto 1.8Ltr midnight club racer. :lol:

I had warped front discs so was going to get them ground for $150.I went in to buy some new pads and happenned to ask how much were new discs .Standard discs cost me $46 each or you can get high perfomance ones for about $70 each. Call 0800657544 Import parts diirect .Pads were $55 .The BMW is the easiest car I ahve ever done pads on .Good Luck Cheers Lloyd

thanks that helps a bunch :)

ill give em a call

Go for some EBC green stuff pads and change your fluid.. If you require better brake feel I believe braided lines are the best rout..

Go the mighty auto 1.8Ltr midnight club racer. :lol:

lol.. i dont exactly race it..

but i did change the fluid when i replaced a brake hose.. just never mentioned it