Sign in to follow this  
bmwsparkle

advice on trademe auction

k havnt done this b4, but just won an auction for a BMW book entitled "Great Marques"

the only contacts to the seller is via email, the auction finished yesterday and the seller hasnt got back to me so i emailed him/her tonight.

thing im worried about is that ive found the same book for sale under another username...

advice?

That does not sound right - I'd send him another email threatening to report him to the Trademe admins.

If you don't hear back by tomorrow, then report him to the Trademe admins, they will put a note on his feedback, also post a comment on his feedback too.

You haven't paid for it yet have you?

Cheers

a dude at my school has pre facelift 320 and he bought some G-zeros off trade me a couple months ago and he paid for them and he still hasnt got them .. i hate crooks like that

a dude at my school has pre facelift 320 and he bought some G-zeros off trade me a couple months ago and he paid for them and he still hasnt got them .. i hate crooks like that

It's not a good idea to let any large amount of cash go over trade me without having the goods first, ever.

I wouldn't worry about his domain being under construction that just means he's a slack prick, his email is still completely valid...

And if I were you I would wait for maybe, 3 days? before you go buying something else and reneg'ing on the deal you've made, or else you're gonna be the one getting negative feedback which is never good, especially on your first auction...

The longest I've waited for a contact email is 4 days, and then I got one and the deal was sweet.

Remember not everyone is a little computer bunny like us...

never pay first, always pay after you get the goods, unless you a) trust them completly (still dodgy)... B) pick the goods up directly, if they dont offer this tell em to piss of cause they will be dodgy. c) know where they live so you can either firebomb there house or mack on his / her mum and/or sister untill they give up their goods... if the deal is dodgy

tried and true :pimp:

It's entirely possible sparkle that the user does have more than one account and does have more than one book to sell...

Plus, by rights, if you read the terms and conditions then you'll realise that a bid at auction (be it online or not) is legally binding. And if its a big purchase you can take them to court over it... I sold my car over trade me and they refused to pay for it :blink: not that they got the car in the end, but it pissed the hell out of me and wasted a bunch of my time! <_<

If you are doing a deal thru trademe, I think the best option is either cash on delivery (as was said before) - and it worked for me when i sold my parts ute - guy turned up, gave me cash and took ute away.... the otherway would be to use safetrader - ok it costs a few dollars (buggerall really) but it holds the money in a trust account until the buyer recieves the goods and is happy with the deal, then the buyer gets the money!! Thats the way I would deal...

If you are doing a deal thru trademe, I think the best option is either cash on delivery (as was said before) - and it worked for me when i sold my parts ute - guy turned up, gave me cash and took ute away.... the otherway would be to use safetrader - ok it costs a few dollars (buggerall really) but it holds the money in a trust account until the buyer recieves the goods and is happy with the deal, then the buyer gets the money!! Thats the way I would deal...

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Also Abby is right, as soon as the auction is over, and the reserve has been met, it is a legally binding contract (offer, acceptance and consideration...and all that legal terminology).

Cheers

thanks for the advice, i ended up DC thru internet banking the money (it was only $18.50 anyway) the seller got back to me today, seems genuine, and if he never sends it, in the end its only $18.50

ill get back to you when (if) i get it

sparkle