Sign in to follow this  
theola

Need a spare tyre to get a WOF urgently, help!

Hey :)

I'm in need of a spare tyre to keep in the back on the boot as I need to get my WOF renewed asap and hoping to not pay that much...I've also got 19inch wheels so Im not sure on what size spare to get?? Any ideas? I thought a 17 one would be good just to keep for emergencies.

While im posting, anyone know where I can get some new or second hand 19inch tyres? I'm looking at replacing 2 at the moment as some have worn out a bit and know that they cost quite a bit. Anyone know of any good places to go?

Thanks!

Edited by BMA316iCHICK

depending on the actual size of the tyres a wheel /tyre matching the original size may well be a option...many tyre places may have wheels and tyres cheap as they have been taken of cars when people upgrade...zenetti a member here may be able to help.

I'm in need of a spare tyre to keep in the back on the boot as I need to get my WOF renewed asap and hoping to not pay that much...I've also got 19inch wheels so Im not sure on what size spare to get?? Any ideas? I thought a 17 one would be good just to keep for emergencies.

While im posting, anyone know where I can get some new or second hand 19inch tyres? I'm looking at replacing 2 at the moment as some have worn out a bit and know that they cost quite a bit. Anyone know of any good places to go?

Thanks!

What size tyres do you have on the 19s? I used to have 19s on my coupe, and when I put the spare on, the car went into safety mode (hardly went above 50kms) jsut because there was a diffference in diameter of the wheels. Does that make sense? Also, you can't go past trademe for used tyres. Just check there are no dodgy sidewall repairs.

Only the factory space saver will fit in the tyre bay on a 316 or 318TI. Otherwise you will have to carry it in the boot and you wont have any room for shoes & handbags. Besides that it wont be secure either, and that is a WOF fail.

Edit: You sure you havent already got a spare ?? It fits under the car, not in the boot. :rolleyes:

Edited by botanymotorworx

Thanks!

We have 19" tyres in stock starting from $169 fitted and balanced. They are a pretty cheap option and really would recommend spending more and getting a better quality tyre! let me know if you would like me to quote you some pricing

cheers

Johno

PS I presume you are running 215/35/19's?

BTW: You dont have to have a spare tyre for a WOF. Alot of new cars dont have spare tyres now

BTW: You dont have to have a spare tyre for a WOF. Alot of new cars dont have spare tyres now

i guess if you do have one its got to be legal..?

i guess if you do have one its got to be legal..?

No it doesnt. Just has to be secure in the boot, so it doesnt become a projectile in an accident

No it doesnt. Just has to be secure in the boot, so it doesnt become a projectile in an accident

I guess you learn something new every day. I always thought you needed a spare to pass a warrent but guess not. I also heard that the space savers are not road leagal wheels so if you had a crash with one of those on insurance possibly wouldn't cover you.

Thanks!

i have a factory space saver wheel from a 318ti .

Only the factory space saver will fit in the tyre bay on a 316 or 318TI. Otherwise you will have to carry it in the boot and you wont have any room for shoes & handbags. Besides that it wont be secure either, and that is a WOF fail.

Edit: You sure you havent already got a spare ?? It fits under the car, not in the boot. :rolleyes:

oooo ' no room for shoes and handbags?' good one :P I actually don't use my boot as a wardrobe... But thanks for letting me know the spare is kept under the car. Even my guy friends didnt know that...and there was no spare :)

oooo ' no room for shoes and handbags?' good one :P I actually don't use my boot as a wardrobe... But thanks for letting me know the spare is kept under the car. Even my guy friends didnt know that...and there was no spare :)

Compact spacesaver spare: $20 from HELLBM

Regards Ray

We have 19" tyres in stock starting from $169 fitted and balanced. They are a pretty cheap option and really would recommend spending more and getting a better quality tyre! let me know if you would like me to quote you some pricing

cheers

Johno

PS I presume you are running 215/35/19's?

At the moment cheap would be good but quality will be better in the long run. My current wheels are 225/35ZR19 low profile. Could you do some quotes on the same?

cheers.

Glenn is probably the most experienced in this department. Its either his Handbag OR his Heels. Sometimes it even takes a good fight with the Handbrake to get his handbag in. The Handbrake usually wins and he has to leave his handbag at home otherwise the traction control gets stuck on and he goes into limp mode.

Glenn is probably the most experienced in this department. Its either his Handbag OR his Heels. Sometimes it even takes a good fight with the Handbrake to get his handbag in. The Handbrake usually wins and he has to leave his handbag at home otherwise the traction control gets stuck on and he goes into limp mode.

You smart arse :P

Actually, driving without the "handbrake" is so much better.... no traction control module sitting in the passengers seat :rolleyes: