Sign in to follow this  
KiwiAlpina

Alpinas

Hi all,

Thought i should drop some pics of my Alpina on the site, and just ask if any others out there on BimmerSport.

Cheers

KiwiAlpina

DRIVE HARD - LIVE LONG :thumb:

post-9-1092220604.jpg

Guest Spargo

Is it a turbo one or NA??

RHD = N/A

Did i see that in Mission bay a couple of weeks ago?

Well wicked ride there chap.

NICE ride dude- i want!!

actually i might have a C2 2.7 by this afternoon- watch this space

**ok now it is this afterfukinoon, and apparently my old man doesnt want another car lying round his place- and i cant sell mine to buy it because the guy leaves for USA tomorrow!!! lol meh o well shite happens aye**

Edited by nath

Yeah he does understand how rare, but still it doesnt seem to matter to him aye- he simply cant be fukkd, it would mean he has to travel all the way down here to pick up (what would be) my old 316i and take it up home.

who knows

Alpinas pwn

Um ask sam- i think he knows a little more than me, but it has the c2 2.7 badge, the alpina plaque on the inside with the alpina number etc, tan leather sport interior, the rims, the wheel, the gear knob, the ECU etc, BUT as new information has come to light that it will stil be available to me next week by a friend of his, i will do the chassis number/ at least look for the alpina badge on the motor or engine bay or woteva

So andy, what would make it a real one? i mean this in a serious way- because i would like to either get me a cheap alpina, or shoot the seller down by telling him its a faaaake!

oh yea its psycotically fast too, much quicker thn an e30 325i

Edited by nath

Guest Andrew

Um ask sam- i think he knows a little more than me, but it has the c2 2.7 badge, the alpina plaque on the inside with the alpina number etc, tan leather sport interior, the rims, the wheel, the gear knob, the ECU etc, BUT as new information has come to light that it will stil be available to me next week by a friend of his, i will do the chassis number/ at least look for the alpina badge on the motor or engine bay or woteva

So andy, what would make it a real one? i mean this in a serious way- because i would like to either get me a cheap alpina, or shoot the seller down by telling him its a faaaake!

oh yea its psycotically fast too, much quicker thn an e30 325i

well - we had a "alpina" c2 2.7 at the dyno day that made a lot less power than all the e30 325s. I'm pretty sure he lived out west.

It shouldn't be overly quick either - they are only really a bit torquier than the 2.5 and no way it could be "psycotically fast" unless it had a turbo hah.

Was it.. this one?

post-9-1093054626.jpg

f**k thats sweet then, coz it is this car LOL, but i didnt think it was slower thn a 325i i have driven? meh.

well thts sweet then- i was fully wondering bout the rego, and the front airdam? not to mention the spoiler and the rear badge(sticker)

Thats awesome actually, because now i can go E36 hunting! (or can someone point me in the direction of a nice 325i?)

swedish

thanx andy- almost made a big mistake!

Guest Andrew

f**k thats sweet then, coz it is this car LOL, but i didnt think it was slower thn a 325i i have driven? meh.

well thts sweet then- i was fully wondering bout the rego, and the front airdam? not to mention the spoiler and the rear badge(sticker)

Thats awesome actually, because now i can go E36 hunting! (or can someone point me in the direction of a nice 325i?)

swedish

not a 325 but this 323 looks badass http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....?showtopic=1701

it made 79 kW if i remember correctly heh.

it had 87kW and 213 Nm Torque, and I am pretty sure from memory it had a standard 325i engine with just cosmetic add on Alpina bits.

I was very interested in it on the day, so took particular notice.

Cheers

swedish

Yipp I have a nice 325i e36 4 sale mint condition and stocka ready for someone to personalise. If your interested done 90k 5speed auto with Vanos and dual airbags. :mosh:

You're not wrong Andrew & Grant. I was waiting with expectation for this dyno readout. Less than Davids 325 he was around 93kW off memory. It does look nice though. I reckon someone has done a motor swap on it. Surely! Why pay more for a detuned car?

I was looking at e34 apina which had been imported from the UK.I emailed Sytners the uk alpina agent and they verified that they had done the engine and suspension.So if it is a uk import you could always do the same.Of course if things had been hanged afterwards........

looks real.. but isn't. Had EVERYTHING to make it look real.

at the risk of being told off for reviving an old thread......

turns out i know a guy who used to own this car. When he had it it had no spoiler, mtech1 sides, or alpina front badge.

However it IS an alpina, he had it verified by Sytner in the UK. It DOES have a 2.7

He said it had tons of little things wrong with it, including a faulty Alpina chip, but still, it would have been a good buy last year at $3k.

Did anyone here buy it?

Where is it? Is it still available? I'll fork out $3k for a genuine Alpina 2.7