Sign in to follow this  
Schnitzer740

20" ALPINA CLASSIC MAGS (GENUINE)

I am looking to sell a set of 20" Alpina Classic Mags.

Looking for expressions of interest.

Feel free to text/call 0275 7777 26

(Mags only)

post-3313-1220249692_thumb.jpg

Edited by Schnitzer740

Sexiest wheels ever full stop.

Good luck with the sale man. That 740 looks mint!

btw, posting the widths of the mags might get a little more interest.

Edited by Nick021

Experience has shown that 'expressions of interest' rarely get any responses.

If your serious about selling either put up a price or post a link to a trademe auction. I could be interested for the right price, although I already have a set of 18's :)

As an aside, Id love to know why your selling the wheels so soon after picking the car up for a bargain price ? Did it need new tyres and they are just too expensive ? Seems a shame to be breaking up a car that looks rather nice so quickly.

These would look amazing on my 850CSi. How wide are they? If they are 9" and 10" then I will be very keen.

These would look amazing on my 850CSi. How wide are they? If they are 9" and 10" then I will be very keen.

Eh? When i suggested a set of Alpina's on your E31 you said you didn't like them?? :huh:

Guest Simon*

I am looking to sell a set of 20" Alpina Classic Mags.

Looking for expressions of interest.

Feel free to text/call 0275 7777 26

(Mags only)

Nice wheels

That 7 will never look as good without them - bit of a shame really

Good luck

alpina type stripes and wheels with Schnitzer badgng and number plates.....identity crisis :)

Edited by kiwi535

alpina type stripes and wheels with snitzher(sp) badgng and number plates.....identity crisis :)

The stripes are Schnitzer Paul, the only thing Alpina are the wheels. My understanding is that because Schnitzer dont do 20's that when the 'S7' came out you could have the Alpinas instead.

Sexiest wheels ever full stop.

Good luck with the sale man. That 740 looks mint!

btw, posting the widths of the mags might get a little more interest.

They are 20x10 and 20x8.5

The stripes are Schnitzer Paul, the only thing Alpina are the wheels. My understanding is that because Schnitzer dont do 20's that when the 'S7' came out you could have the Alpinas instead.

:rolleyes:

thanks for the heads up...

Experience has shown that 'expressions of interest' rarely get any responses.

If your serious about selling either put up a price or post a link to a trademe auction. I could be interested for the right price, although I already have a set of 18's :)

As an aside, Id love to know why your selling the wheels so soon after picking the car up for a bargain price ? Did it need new tyres and they are just too expensive ? Seems a shame to be breaking up a car that looks rather nice so quickly.

I've put "expressions of interest" because I've figured that only very interested purist's will appreciate and understand what these mags are worth, and to quickly put the "I'll swap them for my curbed 17's and $500.00 your way" offers to bed.

I'd be interested in what your opinion of the "right price: might be. I've been investigating these mags hard and have been quite appalled by the prices! I have noticed that distributors in the states sell them for 5K US for a set new, mags only! http://www.ksk-alpina.com/

I have big plans for the car, and are importing some rims from the UK.

Thank you. The stripes are Schnitzer to match the kit.

I think the Alpina's look great on the car. What do you intend to fit in there replacement Jeremy ??

I think the Alpina's look great on the car. What do you intend to fit in there replacement Jeremy ??

A model of Beyern rim that I have been unable to source here.

I'll see you on Thursday anyway mate - car is booked in for control arm bushes, bugger doing them myself!

FYI, I priced a set of these back in '95ish. $14k for the set, but as the salesman explained, that did include the tyres.

Mr E34 - times change :)

Just realised I know this car from Ping Zero, seen it there a couple of times now.

I've put "expressions of interest" because I've figured that only very interested purist's will appreciate and understand what these mags are worth, and to quickly put the "I'll swap them for my curbed 17's and $500.00 your way" offers to bed.

What weve found in the past is that the 'purists' tend to get a little pi$$ed off with being played with over a price. I can understand that you dont want people offering to swap 17' chromes etc, but nothing will put them off more than an actual price.

It really is quite simple, if you want an auction then stick them on trademe. If you have a price in mind then lets have it.

As for my valuation, yes they are difficult to get in NZ and yes they may have been $14k when new over a decade ago. But as Ive found with any large wheels in NZ they rarely go for what the seller believes they are worth and more often than not sell for a tiny fraction of the original asking price.

Last year I watched a set of 18's go from $3500 to $800 in the space of six months and even then they sat at $800 with no reserve for a couple of auctions. Thanks to Simon I have them sitting in my garage now :)

Not having tyres is going to also dent the sale price somewhat, god knows how much it would cost to wrap 20's.

Anyway, got any photos of the Breytons your after ? Ive seen several e32's and e38's with large 'Magics' on them and they have looked superb.

More pictures??

Did you buy your car from a chap in Karaka?? When i was a kid our neighbours had a car very similar to yours.

If they fit and suited a E60 I would offer you $2,000 for them.

What weve found in the past is that the 'purists' tend to get a little pi$ed off with being played with over a price. I can understand that you dont want people offering to swap 17' chromes etc, but nothing will put them off more than an actual price.

It really is quite simple, if you want an auction then stick them on trademe. If you have a price in mind then lets have it...

well said.

NZ market is pretty small, could even be worthwhile offering them overseas?

good luck with sale, they are very cool wheels

Edited by Mike

What weve found in the past is that the 'purists' tend to get a little pi$$ed off with being played with over a price. I can understand that you dont want people offering to swap 17' chromes etc, but nothing will put them off more than an actual price.

It really is quite simple, if you want an auction then stick them on trademe. If you have a price in mind then lets have it.

As for my valuation, yes they are difficult to get in NZ and yes they may have been $14k when new over a decade ago. But as Ive found with any large wheels in NZ they rarely go for what the seller believes they are worth and more often than not sell for a tiny fraction of the original asking price.

Last year I watched a set of 18's go from $3500 to $800 in the space of six months and even then they sat at $800 with no reserve for a couple of auctions. Thanks to Simon I have them sitting in my garage now :)

Not having tyres is going to also dent the sale price somewhat, god knows how much it would cost to wrap 20's.

Anyway, got any photos of the Breytons your after ? Ive seen several e32's and e38's with large 'Magics' on them and they have looked superb.

I seem to have stirred up a hornets nest here but thats the beauty of internet forums

Safe to say any decent offers over 2K will be considered, with the rims being sold to the highest offer.

Yes second hand mags are usually worth sweet F.A but how often do you see mint cond 20" Alpinas for sale in NZ?

If they dont sell, so be it - I have plenty of room in my garage - plus I drive a 7 mate, I could fit them in the boot.

Edited by bravo

FYI, I priced a set of these back in '95ish. $14k for the set, but as the salesman explained, that did include the tyres.

Ha ha! Yeah they are P - Zeros and I am keeping them - two of them are near unwarrantable anyway. Still damn sticky though.