Sign in to follow this  
HINDUSTANI4U

Project Show Car

HEY Guys n Girls

I bought a 97 316i few months back as a luxury cruzy family car.. by over time i figured i wll slowly turn it into a show car cruzer ... with style..

so i started the idea from basics.

so i got a fully standard car with full leather interior and first i tinted the windows.

The pics are not perfect as it was taken from a cheap camera hahahaha... have to get proper pics soon

here are the pics of the car

FRONT OF THE CAR

Posted Image

BACK OF THE CAR

Posted Image

GANGSTER STANDARD RIMS HAHAHAHA

Posted Image

LEATHER BACK SEATS

Posted Image

LEATHER FRONT SEATS

Posted Image

TINTED WINDOWS ALL AROUND

Posted Image

Thanks for looking

Edited by OLLIE
DONT USE ALL CAPITAL LETTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Needs clears, ltw's and a drop

i will be dropping hte car lower after i find some 20inch bmw rims that are on the latest bmw's

btw wat does ltw's stand for

sorry am not much of a genius

lol here goes another slammed on chromes buzz.. . ..

feel the burn...... :wacko:

kool thanks Tom

now i know what LTW's are lol....

yea i was thinking of getting the car painted to one colour at a later stage

lol here goes another slammed on chromes buzz.. . ..

feel the burn...... :wacko:

i am not into my chromes aye and slammed nah jst goin to lower it to get balance and stability on the roads and corners.

i will be dropping hte car lower after i find some 20inch bmw rims that are on the latest bmw's

btw wat does ltw's stand for

sorry am not much of a genius

Do not go for 20" , 19" will look tidy.

LTWs = standard boring except on m3s :P

set of 18s would look the bizzz

20s do fit have seen a white one one with them but looks like a rollerskate

Edited by Pboy

i am not into my chromes aye and slammed nah jst goin to lower it to get balance and stability on the roads and corners.

No worries, but its a bit of a contradiction when you say 20" wheels and you want stability and balance etc... Even 19's are really just 'bling' factor.. A decent set of 17's or 18's (like the LTW's) would be a better choice, reading up on your car club also sounds you like to get on the track? Surely the large wheels would hinder track performance?

Just a few thoughts... ^_^

No worries, but its a bit of a contradiction when you say 20" wheels and you want stability and balance etc... Even 19's are really just 'bling' factor.. A decent set of 17's or 18's (like the LTW's) would be a better choice, reading up on your car club also sounds you like to get on the track? Surely the large wheels would hinder track performance?

Just a few thoughts... ^_^

i do like to race bit not with tis car cause its a 1.6 litre and yea auto too so good car for project so i thought butting 18 or 17 what ever the size of teh mags are it shouldnt matter cause its only for show not for race purposes... i am still hunting for a rolling body to start my project for race....

i agree with you when you say that larger wheels will hinder track performance

LTWs:

(image)

Perhaps colour coding your bumpers also

is that what they're referred to as... Nick021's got some on his coupe and they look really mint. If you're making this a showy cruiser i would actually go smoked indicators and tails to look different to factory later models, LTW's, lowered and some europlates. Nice car, dont think you see full leather in 316i's all that often.

Edited by Tomo

is that what they're referred to as... Nick021's got some on his coupe and they look really mint. If you're making this a showy cruiser i would actually go smoked indicators and tails to look different to factory later models, LTW's, lowered and some europlates. Nice car, dont think you see full leather in 316i's all that often.

yea not many 316i's come in leather interior, was fortunate enuf to find one so its a relief

was goin to go for smoked lights al around....

Guest SamSpargo

for what it's worth, if anyone has a set of "bmw motorsport" stamped LTW's, staggered (7.5/8.5), I've got ten bejamins for you.

Yea, LTW's look mint. Of course I'm biased though. :lol: I prefer the polished LTW's though and would upgrade if I got the chance.

Posted Image

Agree with Tom on the other aspects. Europlates make european cars look how they are actually meant to look. Lowering it will also make a huge difference.

X2 or M5 reps, there is a fully sick 318i that parks outside my gym with the M5 wheels and it looks very nice.

Fitting larger and heavier wheels to a 316i is going to blunt performance somewhat though.

My Aunt just purchased a clone of your car, it has leather and is the same colour, best of all it has only done 18,000km since new and as new! Love the rear drum brakes.

if you plan on building a show car standard looking bmw wheels like the ltws wont get you any points , a nice kit eg m3 mixed with a drop and decent set of 19s will turn heads along with a few custom touches , look at the cars at four an rotor and autosalon to get idea without the rice lol

i did read in performance car , ouote - 17s are standard 18s benchmark 19s raising the bar 20s depending on car

but m5 reps will look mint as apex said

post-1718-1220510145_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pboy

All this on a standard 316 ???

Get real

No offence to the owner (who I now know)

But really.. pick the right car to poor all the money into.. for the right type of result

LOL, sounds like my reply I got. True though.

I am in the same boat mate. Brought a car with the concept of a project. The engine is my main problem at the moment. Spent a hell of alot of money in the past 4 months on bodykit, lights, trims, ice, alarm (biggest problem), and a few days back MAGS.

Because I am chopping and changing mine I opted for aftermarket mags a little different to the usual euro look. I went into mag and tyre direct here n Palmy and had the guys (fantastic blokes) throw on some 18s. They ride fine and I didnt have to dump it.

Got a mate who brought a 96 a week back who is now gonna do it up so we will be watching your progress too mate. We have played with a few jap toys and aussie ones but BMW are friggin hard. But I love the challenge. There is a cat in Oz with a 318i around the same year as you with an STI turbo. Saw it in a magazine recently. Japan has a few 316s done up to the hilt. I will try hunt down that website and let ya know.

if you plan on building a show car standard looking bmw wheels like the ltws wont get you any points , a nice kit eg m3 mixed with a drop and decent set of 19s will turn heads along with a few custom touches , look at the cars at four an rotor and autosalon to get idea without the rice lol

i did read in performance car , ouote - 17s are standard 18s benchmark 19s raising the bar 20s depending on car

but m5 reps will look mint as apex said

post-1718-1220510145_thumb.jpg

Word.

Try an' hit some "Pimp my Ride" custom sh*t ont that, if its a show car....

Once looks is done, you can kick tha 1.6L under tha hood, and replace wit a rotang to fit in.... :P