Sign in to follow this  
Mash

Bmw e39 ABS

Hey on the lock for second hand E39 abs computer box?

Anyone have with decent price i will buy!

Hey on the lock for second hand E39 abs computer box?

Anyone have with decent price i will buy!

Why ??? they can be repaired

And who diagnosed it ??

Why ??? they can be repaired

And who diagnosed it ??

Has been in to get fixed, and many of the places we have taken to thought they could fix.

In the end we have been told to buy a second hand one.

Has been in to get fixed, and many of the places we have taken to thought they could fix.

In the end we have been told to buy a second hand one.

Obviously not professionals.. 2nd hand could be faulty as well

Well we don't own the car just as yet, and don't want to till the ABS is fixed.

And the company selling the car, I'm sure they know places to take the car.

And all have come back saying something to do with the jelly which is inside the computer.

Not sure what it was, but thought i would ask if anyone is selling one or have a wreck e39. We will also want to make sure the ABS computer is in full working order.

And all have come back saying something to do with the jelly which is inside the computer.

What a load of f**ken crap. Tell them they are are talking out of their arseholes

Ooops... I might get banned

Seriously though they are talking crap

WTF??? It's not a dessert!

EDIT: If there is jelly in the computer, the car has much bigger problems...

Edited by elmarco

Might be a sheila in the passengers seat with a tube of KY ???

I don't know exactly what it was.

But we know what we want to try and only if it fixes the problem we will buy the 540i.

So Only contact me if you have a second hand one.

Sh*t your funny

Sh*t your funny

So Only contact me if you have a second hand one.

That's pretty ignorant. Glenn is exactly right - a second hand one could pack up like this in another year. Wouldn't it be better getting it repaired with a warranty?

The Company selling the car has taken it to many of places to get fixed, and they all said you will have to buy a new one.

They are now looking for a new or second hand one, and they also told us to look out for one. They will be paying for it not us. Just trying to look for the part.

Sorry if you don't agree.

The Company selling the car has taken it to many of places to get fixed, and they all said you will have to buy a new one.

They are now looking for a new or second hand one, and they also told us to look out for one. They will be paying for it not us. Just trying to look for the part.

Sorry if you don't agree.

If this is a car yard spinning you this BS I'd run a mile.

There are a ton of good reasonably priced 540s for sale-buyers market mate,tell them sort it or go elsewhere

They are now looking for a new or second hand one.

Didn't you say the dealer was going to pay? Just get a new one from BMW.

Knowing you matty you have proberly found a unusally cheap 540 that looks an sounds good but may be hiding somthing , dont trust the dealers i know alot of them an will do anything for a sale even if ithey spining sh*t !!

may even sell you a warrenty that wont save you much more money :P

jelly ? what

What a load of f**ken crap. Tell them they are are talking out of their arseholes

Ooops... I might get banned

Seriously though they are talking crap

some afm and other micro circuits in the automotive electronics have a very soft sillica jell that is put inside and filled right up .

have seen it myself .

some afm and other micro circuits in the automotive electronics have a very soft sillica jell that is put inside and filled right up .

have seen it myself .

This guy knows his stuff^^

Thats the one, i was not listing to them. BUt knew i herd something about a jell

Knowing you matty you have proberly found a unusally cheap 540 that looks an sounds good but may be hiding somthing , dont trust the dealers i know alot of them an will do anything for a sale even if ithey spining sh*t !!

may even sell you a warrenty that wont save you much more money :P

jelly ? what

May be kinda cheap, but its a mint e39.

Just the factor of the ABS and knew about some sort of jell, and if its broken they abs computer can not be fixed.

have seen it myself .

That sillica jell is used for earthing or heat transferr on ignition modules & igniters. It is also used in alot of control units for the same reason. Or do you mean the black tar like material they use for supporting and insulating in some components ?? It does not make the ABS control unit unrepairable. Unless some idiot has had a go and cocked it up. I still think LOW is getting strung a load of bullshit.

I'd love to check it for him

BTW: If you dont want to listen to the fact it can be repaired....unless it has now been buggered by some idiot

To buy a 2nd hand one you will need to provide the Manufacturer of the unit and the serial number

The ABS control unit is the first link in the Canbus link and you cant miss match them.

Did the dealer provide a print out of the fault codes for DME, EGS, ABS & Kombi ???

It may not even be the control unit that is causing the problem.. it may be the result of something else

Thats were you get the information for diagnosis with a scan tool. Codes in these systems will need to be reset after the repairs are carried out as well.

Edited by botanymotorworx