Sign in to follow this  
camera doctor

Matt Finish Cleaner

Does anybody know of a product I can use to clean the interior of my car without leaving glossy / greasy finish?

Did some searching on Google and came up with

1Z Cockpit Premium

But cannot find any NZ sellers via the www - hjas anybody seen it in shops?

Any other recommendations? Want to provide UV protection as car is outside during day at work, but want to retain matt look.

Cheers

What's wrong with Armourall, or other silicone based products?

They will not turn your vinyl shiny or greasy provided you apply it sparingly with a soft cloth, and it keeps the vinyl soft and therefopre resistant to cracking.

The only other suggestion is to use beeswax which is what I use on my car.

ArmorAll is sh*thouse.

I only use a damp microfibre cloth to clean my interior.

The boys in the US all use Aerospace protectant...

I use the 303 Aerospace Protectant. It's great, leaves a matt finish and also provides UV protection. IIRC, it's used for the vinyl covers on boats.

Armorall for me, I think it looks great.

Avoided Meguiars interior detailer like the plague, it turns everything white and has actually made parts of my trim perish and peal like sunburn.

I would go for a product from Meguiars called silicon free dressing, its only available in bulk and only if you have an account. I can hook you up if you need 10 Ltrs.

I use protectall interior shine ! from pacer car products the good thing is im in the same boat I dont like it to shiny so if you dont use to much on the cloth it comes up well and protects from tha sun.

Armorall for me, I think it looks great.

Avoided Meguiars interior detailer like the plague, it turns everything white and has actually made parts of my trim perish and peal like sunburn.

I would go for a product from Meguiars called silicon free dressing, its only available in bulk and only if you have an account. I can hook you up if you need 10 Ltrs.

I also have not been impressed with that particular product although it has not done my interior any harm. However, I am very impressed with the bulk of their products, if you use them as directed (very important), they produce good results.

Would that work on exterior plastics also Graham?