Sign in to follow this  
bravo

AMG - The Super Mercedes

f**k this is cool

And a bloody bargain too.

Removable hardtop, new cond soft top, MINT white leather interior, 5L v8 - pwns an e34 540 or an m6 for the money. (even with on road costs).

PS - someone buy my e30. Please...

Edited by bravo

Fully agree with you, that is friggin' awesome!

imo looks like the tall gangly akward boy in school, with huge ears and feet.

looks gumby

I like it. Not sure why they put those rear seats in - look bloody uncomfortable if you ask me.

What's the deal with LHD these days - is it still 20 years + to VIN a LHD car?

whats up with the tips on it? (pic 15) some half open flaps whats that about?

They look like sportmaxx wheels aye.

I agree with pjay it lookds a bit gumby from the side and rear but front on... wow

"Look like Sportmax" - jeeez. Sportmax look like Watanabes, which look like Minilites. Sportmax most definitely came last.

It is pretty cool looking! A discussion of LHD is on the LTSA website. Assuming no problem vinning (personally if I was keen I'd make that a condition of sale), LHD is no big drama except in a drive thru or parking building...

LHD is no big drama except in a drive thru or parking building...

And trying to see past a truck if its safe to overtake on a non-passing lane road.

Have to either drive in gravel, get the right hand side of the car taken off or get the passenger to advise the driver- not easy nor comforting for the driver.

that is one badazz merc.. if i had 10k right now... i wud buy it !!... 5ltr amg.. dayum.. that must sound nice and pulls hard..

we should have a trademe scavenger hunt... if you had 10k to spend.. what car would you buy/fix up on trademe lol

And trying to see past a truck if its safe to overtake on a non-passing lane road.

Have to either drive in gravel, get the right hand side of the car taken off or get the passenger to advise the driver- not easy nor comforting for the driver.

Hmmm, yeah. I never had a problem but the car I have (on the infrequent times I drive it) has something like 250hp/tonne so you just hang back far enough to see past then blast by ferociously telling yourself it was the only safe way, LOL.

Man what an amazing merc@! Reminds me of the one a girl at my old highschool used to have aswell as two other BMW's which one was a V8 7series and the other a humble E30 318.

One of the very few well looked after mercs in NZ I reckon

That Merc is a rip off. It is a 1985 model and cannot be complied here in NZ. That is why he has put the statement that if you bid you must go through with the purchase.

Depends on how he went about importing it. Would fall under 20yo+ vehicle exception clasue - only problem is LHD.

The assumption was that it could be vinned (I'd expect him to do it for me and I pay if I was a prospective buyer).

Hmmm, yeah. I never had a problem but the car I have (on the infrequent times I drive it) has something like 250hp/tonne so you just hang back far enough to see past then blast by ferociously telling yourself it was the only safe way, LOL.

Try doing it in a asthmatic RHD mk2 Golf diesel (non-turbo) in France. No such thing as blasting past ferociously and made for some scary drives to work!

Guest SamSpargo

I like it becasue its so discusting inside

Haha yea, and it actually is a piece of history

I was talking to Westy about SL's on Saturday. They're pretty good value for money - the v8's are similar in price to e36 m3, similar age, and similar power aswell - just a heavier car, and probably nowhere near as good handling. But for the money, if you'd rather a GT than a sports sedan, they're pretty tough to beat at the price point IMO.

If you like the style, but not the price tag, you can pick up a non-amg smaller 6L v12 600sl (290kw) for about $40k, or if that's still too pricey annd hard on the fuel economy, get a 500sl v8 (240kw) for $20k+, or a 320sl 6cyl (~190kw) for under $20k.

Unfortunately the styling is such, that most of you won't like them. There's a 600sl v12 in Paihia in charcoal grey with 19" polished lip black centre rims, and it looks and sounds amazing.

Posted Image

Edited by bravo