Sign in to follow this  
martyyn

e39 self levelling suspension

Im just thinking out loud here and would love to hear if anyone has any experience at this. I seem to remember Andrew may have done it to his touring, but I cant find the thread.

Anyway, Im wanting to know what can be done about the tourings suspension. In particular I would like to drop it a little to remove some of the dreaded arch gap. Im going to have the Alpinas back on soon and although it looks 'ok' I want more of a hunckered look.

Now the touring has the self levelling rear, so is a drop possible without changing the entire suspension over ?

I release its never going to be lapping the Nurburgring so Im not looking to spend thousands and I dont want it rock hard either but if its simply chucking in some different springs and disabling the air then Id like to know about it.

doesnt the rear has an adjustment lever that can be repostioned to allow the rear to sit lower?Its not an adjustment lever per se but some part of the self levelling to allow it to judge how low the car is riding

Im just thinking out loud here and would love to hear if anyone has any experience at this. I seem to remember Andrew may have done it to his touring, but I cant find the thread.

Anyway, Im wanting to know what can be done about the tourings suspension. In particular I would like to drop it a little to remove some of the dreaded arch gap. Im going to have the Alpinas back on soon and although it looks 'ok' I want more of a hunckered look.

Now the touring has the self levelling rear, so is a drop possible without changing the entire suspension over ?

I release its never going to be lapping the Nurburgring so Im not looking to spend thousands and I dont want it rock hard either but if its simply chucking in some different springs and disabling the air then Id like to know about it.

Give me a call I've done several