Sign in to follow this  
dvsdvsdvs

newbie #546

Hey whats up :D I thought I'd say hi, might have to get some advice some day!

I've got a BMW E36 1994, i picked it up off my friends parents for $2300 with new wof/rego and it's been a breeze to drive & keep maintained :) i thought it was a steal!!! only problems I've run into since having it was the sagging roof & brake light failure

I stripped out the lining & scrubbed off the foam, i replaced it with some fabric from spotlights & did a home job :)*pictures*

I picked up a brake switch for $20 off trademe & that fixed the brake lights *thanks to google & this diy site http://www.bimmerdiy.com/dir/e36 *

Looking at getting some rims as mine are pretty rough around the edges & some tints to help protect interior.

Other than that i think i'll put my money towards saving for a new bmw in the future! haha :D

post-3399-1221348659_thumb.jpg

post-3399-1221348666_thumb.jpg

Welcome aboard!

Sounds like you got a good deal. BimmerDIY is a sweet site.

Hey mate, welcome, sounds like you got a awesome deal on that car is looks great for only $2300.

E36's are easy cars to make looks even better and parts are cheap, cant wait to see the progress

Welcome to BS.

Great car, good on you for DIYing it!

I'm sure we can help you in the future.

Nice mate, welcome.

Let me know if you want to sell those rims ;)

Vulture!!

Good buy mate -welcome-any thing you need to know you'll find here-& social too!

Edited by 1rotty

Daviss!!

Shot on getting a bimmer man, i'm sure it will be plenty of stress free enjoyable motoring.

And yeh, boys on these forums are awesome. Always happy to help as long as you are not asking how to install a T spoiler or some sh*t lol.

Put it this way, not quite as much flame here as CSNZ :P.

Well its due for a WOF soon so I took it in, it failed on split brake hoses & play in r/hand inner rack end

Can it be DIY'd? how much should i be looking at spending?