Sign in to follow this  
Andrew

BMW�s confirms new electric city-car with 200 mile range

Posted Image

In an interview with German newspaper Die Zeit, BMW’s CEO Norbert Reithofer confirmed that BMW is indeed working on a tiny ‘mega city’ car. He said that the car will have a completely different look than anything currently made by BMW.

Powertrain choices will include a fuel-efficient combustion engine and a pure-electric model. Reithofer said that the electric-powered car will meet California regulations which call for a range of 200 miles for fuel-cell or battery-powered cars by 2012.

It is still not confirmed whether the small-car will carry a BMW badge and we highly doubt. BMW, however, is considering reviving its old ‘Isetta’ marquee to become a fourth brand.

That is pretty bloody cool

I concur - as soon as a 20 - 50k electric car comes out I am buying one for a daily.

I have always had a soft spot for the Isetta. It doesn't have the front door but none the less it is definitely an Isetta.

Edited by melowpuf

Guest SamSpargo

I concur - as soon as a 20 - 50k electric car comes out I am buying one for a daily.

Auckland is pretty much the perfect city for this kind of vehicle, as you would never come anywhere near using up its range in the course of a day

I wonder what your power bill would look like if you charged it at home?

I wonder what your power bill would look like if you charged it at home?

Charge it at work heh. I wonder if it would be small enough to fit in the elevator. Park it under your desk and plug it in. A Peel P50 would be equally as cool though. Or Peel Trident woohoo sporte'