Sign in to follow this  
Natural

Emergency Help!!

Greetings all.

I locked my keys in my trunk while preparing to wash my 2006 e60. The car is jap spec. 2 locksmiths have come and used the airbag technique to brace the door and try to hook the handle. the car is apparently deadlocked. if someone was in the car now, they would have to break a glass to get out.

what can I do??

i got one key with my car. the dealer in jamaica will take 2.5 weeks to get a replacement key.

i contacted american bmw dealers and was told that they can only cut and prog keys for american cars. (I am 2 hrs from miami so I can get someone there to mail my key if it was possible)

so it seems that i need a european or japanese dealer to send my vin to in order to get the replacement key.

any suggestions. what do people in NZ who have japanese spec new bmws do to get spare/replacement keys?

help! help! my car is stuck in my friends drive way like a piece of @#$%^ furniture.

If you know where the keys are in the trunk. Break the closest tail lamp and go in from there. Make sure you can buy a new tail light though. Or you will just have to wait for the key. In NZ we have to order the keys from Germany. They are coded to the car by chassis number. I would talk to a technician at the dealership first though, but I'm sure thats going to be the only way.

Edited by *Glenn*

Break a window and climb in and get into the boot by folding the rear seats down, it will proberbly be cheaper than a new key, but thats just my two cents

Window would cost more than a tail light and he may not be able to fold his seats down.

A lesson to be learned here.....OWN TWO KEYS FOR YOUR CAR

Window would cost more than a tail light and he may not be able to fold his seats down.

A lesson to be learned here.....OWN TWO KEYS FOR YOUR CAR

Seat realise mechanism (if split is even optioned) is done via handles in the boot. There is a small ski port however.

sh*t situation you’re in there mate, I have nothing to offer in terms f advise other than don’t do it again!

Why do most Japanese used imports only come with one key?

Greetings all.

I locked my keys in my trunk while preparing to wash my 2006 e60. The car is jap spec. 2 locksmiths have come and used the airbag technique to brace the door and try to hook the handle. the car is apparently deadlocked. if someone was in the car now, they would have to break a glass to get out.

what can I do??

i got one key with my car. the dealer in jamaica will take 2.5 weeks to get a replacement key.

i contacted american bmw dealers and was told that they can only cut and prog keys for american cars. (I am 2 hrs from miami so I can get someone there to mail my key if it was possible)

so it seems that i need a european or japanese dealer to send my vin to in order to get the replacement key.

any suggestions. what do people in NZ who have japanese spec new bmws do to get spare/replacement keys?

help! help! my car is stuck in my friends drive way like a piece of @#$%^ furniture.

just phone ur nearest bmwdealer they should be able to open it from the boot wiring

Reverse into it really really fast mmmmmmmmm inertia switches..

Christ...I am really screwed. to actually get a spare key from a jap spec, do i send the vin to a german dealer?

what do you guys do? i can bring myself to break a frikking light out. ima tow it to my house till i can figure this sh*t out. what is the process to get a key made? and yes i tried my sketchy associates so i guess i should be happy that they couldnt do anything.

any euro dealer reccomendations? i guess i could get the key sent via fed ex. i dunno.

Lol you'd never have this problem with an E30 :P

why?

Guest Simon*

Showa mate

If Glenn reckons your best option is to break out a tail light then you probably should come to grips with the idea and just do it. Might be an excuse to get yourself a set of clear tails or the like that you may have been wanting ;)

Just trying to soften the blow a little

why?

Coz the boot has a push button that locks and unlocks with the doors, so it's impossible to lock the keys in the boot without a second pair lol

Lol you'd never have this problem with an E30 :P

Yeah and even if you did manage to lock them in their somehow,

E30s are easy to get into as Bravo showed me when I locked my keys in mine lol.

I have spoken to BMW with regard to this problem.

You have 3 choices

(1) Wait for a new coded key from the dealer X Germany

(2) Get the dealer to use another car and measure the trunk lock release mechanism position, remove the license plate, measure out the position and drill a hole to allow a tool to release the lock. This can then be plugged with a sealing grommet and the license plate will cover this.

(3) Break a tail light and go in through the back that way

Option (2) would be the best bet, however a BMW dealer would have to help you doing this.

Why dont you confirm with another member that you cant actually get in through the back seat.

I would have thought a glass quarter window would have been cheaper than a taillight?

If you have the Ski option as apex suggested (as I have in my e46) you could rip / unstitch the material ski jacket and maybe have enough room to use your arm or a hook to get it. Youll be doing it blind however. But it would be the easiest / cheapest way. This obviously only works if your hve the ski jacket option. Its behind the fold down middle backseat arm rest in my car. Im not sure what gromets you have in the e60 but the e46 has holes in it that could fit a small noose. You have to take out the rear seats for this (very easy to do)

Where are ya mate .. one of us bimmersporters could give it a go if you get it towed to your property.

Why dont you confirm with another member that you cant actually get in through the back seat.

I would have thought a glass quarter window would have been cheaper than a taillight?

The rear seat fold down is an option and this vehicle may not have it. The release mechanisms for this option are in the boot... so you are screwed

Hmmmm I think you would atleast be able to open the boot blind ... Ive done it before for mine .. Im just not sure what shape the e60 releases are. The e46 is piss easy to figure out.

Hes in Miami Josh

gayness ...

Ill post some picture of how I do this in mine tonight (in 5 hours) if you like.

gayness ...

Ill post some picture of how I do this in mine tonight (in 5 hours) if you like.

I dont think that would help Josh the E60 is different in the rear. BMW gave me this info today. Breaking a window and getting into the car is not an option. His keys are in the boot. If they were in the car it would be an option

Do you guys take this thread seriously, someone from the other side of the world hasn't got someone local & he drives a good car.

I might start a new thread, help i stubbed my toe!

I dont think that would help Josh the E60 is different in the rear. BMW gave me this info today. Breaking a window and getting into the car is not an option. His keys are in the boot. If they were in the car it would be an option

cool cool :)