Sign in to follow this  
Natural

Emergency Help!!

Do you guys take this thread seriously, someone from the other side of the world hasn't got someone local & he drives a good car.

I might start a new thread, help i stubbed my toe!

hmmmm, car is jap spec and hes from miami.

hmmmm, car is jap spec and hes from miami.

he has south east US based IP :)

then how do they get "jap" spec cars? left hand/right hand difference?

Dodgy :ph34r:

Surely you couldn’t simple send a dealer your vin number to have a key made?? It would have to be coded with the vehicle before it could start it surely?? Not very reassuring if anyone could order a key with a vin number.

Um you can reach threw from the Ski port, the plastic insert just pops out, im sure they all have this regardless of split/fold seat option. But if they were near the back of you boot you may have trouble reaching them, I just tried.

Dodgy :ph34r:

Surely you couldn’t simple send a dealer your vin number to have a key made?? It would have to be coded with the vehicle before it could start it surely?? Not very reassuring if anyone could order a key with a vin number.

Um you can reach threw from the Ski port, the plastic insert just pops out, im sure they all have this regardless of split/fold seat option. But if they were near the back of you boot you may have trouble reaching them, I just tried.

You can order a key by Vin number ( comes coded ). Over in the USA you have to proove ownership. The key comes coded= plug and play, the key and car does its own initialisation and does not have to be coded. Its already done from the factory. The car was also a jap spec originally from Jamaica

BTW Graham.. I can get a key and steal your car :P

Without proof of ownership?? That’s scary.

Off topic, a mate of mine’s company has a fleet of BF Falcons and his key can open the boot on three of them. Go Ford.

Without proof of ownership?? That’s scary.

Off topic, a mate of mine’s company has a fleet of BF Falcons and his key can open the boot on three of them. Go Ford.

You cant get a key without proof....but I can :P

Im not entirely sure about that one Glenn, as far as I know LHD Euro’s in Japan are actually Euro spec and are normally rear models the dealer couldn’t supply. LHD is also a sign of status in Japan

hmmm right i stand corrected... thats strange though, why would japanese get lhd?

Go through the crash list.... that could be a reason why . They dont know what the hell they are doing :P

Its actually not that hard to decode the mecahnical section of a key on a BMW. There is a key tumber that you can buy (with proof you are in the trade of corse) for about 1500 euros. (not for public sale)

When I was living in Japan I went to a private school in Hiroshima and everyones parents had LHD cars, so I always just thought it was more of a status symbol than anything, could be wrong thouhg.

Yeah I'd go with what Glen suggested and get the dealer to help you out by drilling that hole, seems like the best and least destructive way of getting your key out and at least it will then be future proofed for if you do it again you will have the hole already there haha

When I was living in Japan I went to a private school in Hiroshima and everyones parents had LHD cars, so I always just thought it was more of a status symbol than anything, could be wrong thouhg.

Yeah I'd go with what Glen suggested and get the dealer to help you out by drilling that hole, seems like the best and least destructive way of getting your key out and at least it will then be future proofed for if you do it again you will have the hole already there haha

Off topic but...yep LHD is a status thing, although I think there are now more and more RHD euros and yanks. When we first went to Japan, I only saw one RHD euro...a Merc wagon, in the last few years that we have visited its probably 50/50, although the yanks are manly LHD except for the Cadillac's and Chrysler 300Cs.

The expressways in Tokyo actually have a LHD toll booth, so that they can take you money on the correct side :D

So. I finally got inside the car. Had to eventually go to the local dealer give them my title and drivers license. Took 2 weeks to get the key as it was cut in germany. Cost the equivalent of $175 US. By the way, my car is rhd jap spec. i live in jamaica.

But the dealer here does not like to assist people who have not bought cars through them. I get all my parts from dealers in Florida which is only 1hr and 20 mins away. I tried to get the key through an american dealer, but they would not accept my jamaican title and drivers license as proof of ownership. if they had, i would have gotten the key within 48hrs.

thanks for the assistance and advice.