Sign in to follow this  
sin-drome

E30 REAR TRAY

Go 6.5 inch, otherwise the frequency gap inbetween the sub and the fronts will probably annoy you. It's worth paying extra to get them in.

Do you have sound deadening? It'll add another $200 worth of SQ to your speakers :D

Give the Boston S60's, Focal 165V1 or the Polk DB6501 a listen. I'm not sure on NZ RRP's but they should be under 450.

And rainbow are great! Just check around for prices as a lot of people think there's not many of them around so they hike up the prices.

Good luck!

i did the good components in the front amped and a sub. just put small speakers in the back for the rear passengers.

i made it look all stock cus thats how i wanted it lol.

Have a look...

post-3708-1224913022_thumb.jpgpost-3708-1224914517_thumb.jpg

Yeah I have been having the same problem with my e30. Brought some real nice 6x9's and found out they didnt fit. ATM I have some decent 6.5's in the front, my 6x9's in speakerboxes behind the front seats and a smallish sub and amp in the boot. It sounds alright but im still waiting to find some nice 6.5's for the tray.

Yeah I have been having the same problem with my e30. Brought some real nice 6x9's and found out they didnt fit. ATM I have some decent 6.5's in the front, my 6x9's in speakerboxes behind the front seats and a smallish sub and amp in the boot. It sounds alright but im still waiting to find some nice 6.5's for the tray.

Did you put the 6.5 in the doors?? How do they fit/look.

Thanks

I put my 6.5" in the factory location in the kicks. Had to use a 2mm spacer (hidden) and cut the plastic grills to fit. Then just used the grills that came with the speakers. Had to cut the bonnet catch down to fit.

Did you put the 6.5 in the doors?? How do they fit/look.

Thanks

Yeah well in the panels just infront of the front doors. Pretty sure they were 6.5". I had to take out the plastic panels that covered he factory speakers there so they could fit. I'll double check when I get home what size they are. I remember they could only JUST fit in. They look nice as they are good looking speakers, although you can see a bit of the metal of the car because the small panels aren't there.

I put my 6.5" in the factory location in the kicks. Had to use a 2mm spacer (hidden) and cut the plastic grills to fit. Then just used the grills that came with the speakers. Had to cut the bonnet catch down to fit.

You could always cut the panel but I couldn't be bothered with that. Also the bonnet catch does get in the way. I didn't have to cut mine down but I did have to unbolt it and take it off to remove the panel and the old speaker.

Edited by Kaz