Sign in to follow this  
martyyn

Google Chrome

no mention of screen real estate being freed up by removing useless crap....

no idea what you guys are talking about not being able to scroll with the keyboard, works fine for me

firefox was ok till it seemed slow when chrome came out

safari is teh gay on XP

The little search bar and address bar have been merged, is apparently more efficient. Seems to work fine for me :) Know when to google and when to guess the address :huh:

I noticed that but the FF one had the advantage of easily being able to choose the search engine, eg I had it set up so I could easily choose between wikipedia, youtube, trademe, etc. I've added those in chrome but only seems to use the default engine.

I was kind of joking in my post about it being slow..

Ok I'm converted. I started ff and chrome at the same time right after I turned the pc on so everything was bogging down. Chrome loaded about 5sec faster than ff.

But I cant work out how to scrunch the bookmarks up in the bookmarks bar so i can fit more in... anybody?

Also, when I click down on the scroll wheel nothing happens, whereas in ff you click it and move your mouse up or down to scroll at different speeds. Anybody?

But I cant work out how to scrunch the bookmarks up in the bookmarks bar so i can fit more in... anybody?

Also, when I click down on the scroll wheel nothing happens, whereas in ff you click it and move your mouse up or down to scroll at different speeds. Anybody?

You can edit the names so more fit in, thats the only way I know of.

Yea, the scroll wheel doesn't work for me either, but it does work when opening new tabs from links, etc.

Untill Chrome supports addons, not interested.

Add blocker on Firefox ftw

So its been a month or so. Who is still using chrome?

Why/why not?

I tried it out for a few hours - it was OK, but not that blazingly quick for the type of browsing I do. The nicest thing was the UI. (Which like most cool UI's it has been ripped into a skin for other browsers - iphone rip-offs for windows mobile anyone? I have it running on firefox now).

So due to it not supporting the sort of add-ons I use, and not supporting SSL Client certificates, I went straight back to Firefox 3.0.3.

Would be interested to hear other views.

Edited by bravo

I'm still using chrome, add-ons dont really bother me, most I had were a bit wanky anyway.

Not sure whether its just mine but the things that get me is the scrolling seems a little wacked, sometimes the mouse wheel wont work, and the laptop scroll pad plays up sometimes too. When going to the last read post on a forum sometimes it will go straight to the bottom. Getting used to the search bar too, is actually quite nice. Might end up switching back to firefox if the scrolling annoys me enough.

I'm with Mike about the add-ons. Don't really bother me.

Still using chrome every time I logon. I can see a significant difference as soon as I logon and click to open Chrome and Firefox. Chrome loads in about 5 seconds, Mozilla approx 30 Seconds. Huge difference in speed.

Only problem is some picture don't seem to resize to fit the size of the window. So scrolling across can be annoying but positive far outweigh the negatives.

I switched back to firefox, chrome kept closing itself down. Also things like what Mike said made me go back.

I will try it again for sure. It was very fast, and looks nice.

Im still using it. I havent bothered with many extensions on firefox, but the speed is just so much better.

It has crashed a couple of times, but within 5 seconds its all up and running again.

Ive also found that certain websites are better looking in it. Ive built a few websites in my time and one thing I cant stand is when places dont cater for all eventualities. Firefox is 40% of the market now and to not have it work in that is unforgivable.

Firefox is 40% of the market now and to not have it work in that is unforgivable.

Serious? I thought it was under 20%. Also, works a shitload better than IE.

I downloaded it when it first came out but mostly use FF.

Not being able to scroll up(only down) using the keypad on a laptop annoys the hell out of me. Agree its quick but hasn't turned me yet.

Really? I can scroll up and down on the keypad on the laptop.

Just checked and they've obviously fixed the problem.

Might give it another go

I'm still using chrome, I didn't really have any problems with add ons. BUT I have found lots of bugs, like my router interface doesn't work with chrome, it wont let me adjust the settings in it, or it doesn't save them properly or it simply doesn't work. Have to do all that through FF or IE.

Trivial, but also on facebook a few things dont work in chrome, but its still so early on I'm willing to forgive its set backs lol.

It loads quicker, and browses quicker, and it remembers my bimmersport login :D Firefox never did, no matter what!

The only problem I've had is if your using two screens that are different sizes, when you drag chrome to the other screen and click full size, it goes to the full size of the previous screen.

Edited by antony

It annoys me that it won't allow you to minimize to tray with programs such as trayit. When you are working constantly between two programs it's nice to be able to still keep a program open but not have it cluttering the taskbar especially when alt-tabbing between programs.