Sign in to follow this  
Nu-Del

Daves E46 Skid Car :D

is that a r154 box? thoes things are super strong. everyone uses bloody w55 ive minced a few of them b4 when i had my 1uz powered maz luce.

Only a W55 picked up a couple of them super cheap so gunner thrash those till the break as long as I dont slap gears they should hold up okish

now updates as of yet but am heading up home for a holiday in the next so hopefully get some more work done

Went home for the uni holidays did a whole lot of work on the car... motor is now sitting in the hole and the mounts are being made up... its a very tight fit so looks like were going to have to notch the sump slightly but it just sits in there as it is... The shifter sits about 15cm forward of where the stock shifter hole is

Got lots of pics but left my camera behind in Wellington by accident so will chuck up some pics as soon as my camera gets shipped down to me

Sorry for the crappy pics guys... taking photos at night with sfa light it seems is something Im not very good at but...

Anyway.... 2JZ test fit and my P1's

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Nu-Del

Awesome stuff Dave! Are you still going to try make the next slipway? Im thinking of bringing mine down to slipway sometime.

p.s update your profile details ;)

Awesome stuff Dave! Are you still going to try make the next slipway? Im thinking of bringing mine down to slipway sometime.

p.s update your profile details ;)

Hoping to come at least have a look see at the next slipway day.... but hoping to have the car in a dodgy skidable state over the summer to do a few runs at slipway n/a... no bumpers... stock suspension

And yea guess im not really in welly any more am i lol

Hoping to come at least have a look see at the next slipway day.... but hoping to have the car in a dodgy skidable state over the summer to do a few runs at slipway n/a... no bumpers... stock suspension

And yea guess im not really in welly any more am i lol

Haha yea i see you mentioned that on s-chasis should be pretty sik man who needs bumpers for skidding, although would be nice to show it off all done.

Yea and you gotta have your first name and atleast the first letter of your last name now in your details.

Looking badass dave.

It's a hell of a long way from becs old 1.3 carby rolla! :P

- Sam

Looking badass dave.

- Sam

Lol and even further from the Barina

Looking badass dave.

- Sam

2E Corolla's rock my world.

Good to see this coming along, for some reason I thought you were going 2JZ-GTE but the GE will be all good for skids, they still have 170 odd KW and a solid 300NM.

Good to see this coming along, for some reason I thought you were going 2JZ-GTE but the GE will be all good for skids, they still have 170 odd KW and a solid 300NM.

Doing a +t on the GE... Just a much cheaper engine to replace when/if it pops and its more or less the same motor so why not use the cheaper base

Brought some new feet for the beamer... 18x8 +20p Im told... Will see when they arrive :)

Posted Image

Nice project!

I hope to see it cruising the streets of Dunedin soon :P

OMFG it lives... Engine has been wired up and once the fuel lines were connected around the right way she fired into life :D:D:D:D... Just needs a driveshaft now and radiator and it will be able to move under its own power

Guest Simon*

Dave this is awesome. I'm gonna move this into "Projects" as that's where it belongs.

Good on ya :)

Have moved back to palmy so have been doing a little work on... Just little things like tidying up the way the fuel lines run, putting the new brake master cylinder in... just the boring stuff

The drive shaft is away being made and the gearbox cross member has been measured up so hopefully should have both sorted very soon :) its slow progress but its still moving forward slowly

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Stock gearbox cross member

Posted Image

fun fun i love projects keep it going

Edited by westy

Have been very very slack on doing any work on the car but have gathered a few parts...

Seats...

Posted Image

Fuel Pump

Posted Image

And a spare just incase lol

Posted Image

What happened to this car?