Sign in to follow this  
Nu-Del

Daves E46 Skid Car :D

This was a 1998 318i E46 BMW when it started life.....

Then she got a bit toasty and showed up on trademe

Posted Image

So she was brought and paid for and the shopping began...

New Motor (Nissan VQ30DET)

Posted Image

New Box (Z32 300ZX Manual Box) Flywheel and GTR Clutch

Pics To Come

Link G4 Storm

Posted Image

Some 5x120 - 5x114 Wheel Adapters

Posted Image

Then off to pick the shell up I went..... and got her back to the shop looking a little less the healthy

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

What remains of the battery

Posted Image

Edited by Nu-Del

Yeha! Can't wait to see this one done!

Keep that inner boot trim for the Nav loading area. Its worth about $300 new! :)

ps .. we need some feral drifting e46's .. the lime light has been hogged by e30's for too long :P

Keep that inner boot trim for the Nav loading area. Its worth about $300 new! :)

ps .. we need some feral drifting e46's .. the lime light has been hogged by e30's for too long :P

Most of the trim in the boot was a bit scorched from the fire or cut up from the stereo install from the last owner... All the lights etc will be replaced with cheap chinese knock offs mostly due to the fact they are so much cheaper to replace when they get smashed

Am very happy tho that the guards are still straight and the bonnet is more or less still fine nothing some bog and a bit of beating cant fix :D

nothing wrong with e30's hogging the lime light!

this e46 is going to be siiiccck! i cant wait

need more drift spec type beemas out there!

Subscribed!!

Nice project, keep the updates coming and heaps of pics :)

This car will be very far from feral with any plans and from the looks of things should be very nice to slide being that it has a nice long wheel base and will have bucket loads of power

very cool! look forward to seeing it roll out

Stripped The Motor, Interior And Generally Burnt Stuff Off

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wicked I cant wait for this to be up and running, the body doesn't even look that bad, give it a sand blast!

When i was lookin at that I wanted to say that too, just blast all the crap of it, fill and sand then couple coats of primer, will be stealth as haha

Looks like its going to be just an E46 shell with a E46 rear subframe have spent the last few days cleaning up the engine bay and trying to work out the best way to mount the motor and annoyingly the easiest way to get the motor in there is to convert the front end to S14 Silvia stuff so have dummyed up a Silvia front crossmember and its so close its almost like its ment to just bolt in so very soon the front end will be running a S14 front crossmember, hubs and suspension

Have almost finished stripped everything out of the inside of the car and OMG there is a lot of wiring in there pity the price of scrap metal has dropped or Id be making a killing on the scrap copper

Plan for paint is gloss black or an arctic white not quite sure yet

Awesomeness, nice project!

What you gunna call it? 320sx?? Beemilvia?? haha

Hi Guys

Quick update the build has slowly down to a crawl but is still coming along slowly, Ive quit my job and am going back to school for a year to get some quals so I can further my career so moneys sure going to be tight but its sure going to be interesting.

After lots of talking with the shop thats building the car, motorsport nz and a few other clued up people the VQ is up for sale and is going to be replaced with either a 1J or 2J just due to the fact it will be much easier to get into the car and produce just as much power.

This is turning very much into a project thats going to evolve slowly into something very different from what it was ment to be when it all started out but thats half the fun of these projects :)

Good job dude, there's no need to rush these sort of things, will be bloody awsome when completed.

Good luck!

Well it seems Im rather useless at saving... Rather then saving for when I become a student Ive been buying parts

Ive brought replacement lights (Thanks Matasorapit) windows for the front drivers and passengers windows (Thanks Tony!) Am waiting for a new motor, front rad support, front bumper support and rear bumper support to arrive.... So will be fitting everything to the car over the next week or so with any luck :)

After spending hours and hours trying to work out the best way to get the VQ to go into the car Ive decided the best way to do it is not to.... Have gone and brought myself a 2JZGE from a Supra and will be doing a +t conversion on it after doing a lot of research and seeing how popular this is in the states it looks like it will produce the sort of power Im after :)